Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir - problems cancelling a/c

Options
  • 28-08-2016 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm a newbie on boards.ie as it seems this is the only hope of hearing from Eir again! After being a customer of Eir for 12 years I cancelled my phone line and efibre in January as I'm no longer working and simply can't afford it.I gave my one month's notice yet the direct debits still went out from my a/c in February and March. When I rang about this I was told the final bill would be waived to make up for this. An email in June informed me I was charged a modem charge on my last invoice as a failure to return it. I had no idea I was supposed to return it.The email said to ring 1901 to arrange a courier pick up the modem. When I did so I was told they could no longer access my a/c as I was no longer a customer.The last hard copy bill I received from Eir was in November 2014 although I am pretty sure I texted that I wanted to continue receiving paper bills. Surely I am entitled to a final bill? My last effort to contact them was a letter to the account administration unit 6 weeks ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Comreg. Once you have tried to resolve it with the company, Lt comreg sort it for you. They sorted out an issue with Vodafone which dragged on and probably never going to be solved. Sorted in a day (vf kept taking monthly bill even tho I cancelled and they admitted it was wrong but kept taking it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

speak to them on the talk to forum:

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1293

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moving to Talk to Eir to give the reps a chance there to respond.

@johndoe99 - please don't suggest that the OP starts a new thread in a different forum, as we can end up with duplicate threads. Instead please use Report Post so that a moderator can move it to the correct forum 

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

HariBari wrote: »
    I'm a newbie on boards.ie as it seems this is the only hope of hearing from Eir again! After being a customer of Eir for 12 years I cancelled my phone line and efibre in January as I'm no longer working and simply can't afford it.I gave my one month's notice yet the direct debits still went out from my a/c in February and March. When I rang about this I was told the final bill would be waived to make up for this. An email in June informed me I was charged a modem charge on my last invoice as a failure to return it. I had no idea I was supposed to return it.The email said to ring 1901 to arrange a courier pick up the modem. When I did so I was told they could no longer access my a/c as I was no longer a customer.The last hard copy bill I received from Eir was in November 2014 although I am pretty sure I texted that I wanted to continue receiving paper bills. Surely I am entitled to a final bill? My last effort to contact them was a letter to the account administration unit 6 weeks ago.
    Hi  HariBari,

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm so sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced in closing your account. 
    Can you PM me the account number and I will take a look into this. 

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 HariBari

Thank you Pamela for sorting that out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Thank you Pamela for sorting that out!
    Thank you for getting back to us and letting us know this is sorted :)

I will let Pamela know you have posted to us.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 3 HariBari

Not a sign of a refund! Comreg is all that's left I guess..

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]HariBari,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I responded to your PM in relation to your refund last week. This refund was issued back into your bank account.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you check this and let me know.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I responded to your PM in relation to your refund last week. This refund was issued back into your bank account.[/font]

WTF?????? I have been waiting for a refund since last August, repeated cheque has been issued texts and now your telling someone their refund was sent to their bank?????

why are all refunds not done this way? when did eir change their policy of cheque only refunds? I was pissed off before but now am totally raging after all the BS i had to put up with for the last year.

and still no refund

soups05 wrote: »

WTF?????? I have been waiting for a refund since last August, repeated cheque has been issued texts and now your telling someone their refund was sent to their bank?????

why are all refunds not done this way? when did eir change their policy of cheque only refunds? I was pissed off before but now am totally raging after all the BS i had to put up with for the last year.

and still no refund
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]This is a new process that has been deployed recently [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]soups05.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Please feel free to PM me your account number and I will follow up on this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Advertisement
Advertisement