Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skerries - house break in - car stolen

Options
  • 28-08-2016 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi All

Just for those around Skerries. Had my house broken into and car taken last night in Kelly's Bay. Just if anyone sees a silver Suzuki swift 08 parked around let me know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Fei30 wrote: »
    Hi All

Just for those around Skerries. Had my house broken into and car taken last night in Kelly's Bay. Just if anyone sees a silver Suzuki swift 08 parked around let me know

Add any specific extras on car damage stickers on window etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Fei30

Add any specific extras on car damage stickers on window etc.

Kelly's garage sticker on back. Munster supporters club sticker on back also

Sorry to hear by the way. If you have a picture throw up also if you can have a drive around some of the savoury areas especially cul de sacs

Sorry to hear by the way. If you have a picture throw up also if you can have a drive around some of the savoury areas especially cul de sacs

Cheers yeah had a trip around today - covered a good bit of ground no sign unfortunately. Hopefully it's parked around somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭koutoubia

will keep an eye out my travels.sh1t thing to happen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Sorry to hear of your troubles OP. I hope you get your car back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hope you get it back - and in good condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

MjRiMDczYjBlZDRjY2QzOGFmOWNhYmY5MWU3ZmZkNGS3feceN9IDmXPmmX7RKighaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNWZhODgxZDA0ZjhhYjAwYTIzMTAwZjllMTc5NTdjNmFiMzlhZGJkOGZlNTJkMmZmODVlOTc0OGJiMTFiN2NjYS5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg
    I have been keeping my eyes open on my travel's .. thought I would post the picture of the Suzuki Swift -08 as the op is a new member and unable to post pic's etc ,if it is inappropriate ,mod's feel free to delete the picture or advert.
    I thought the Swift was a much bigger car ,, anyway hope you get it back soon with not too much damage OP .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Sorry to hear OP :/

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Was there a slogan on the munsters supporters club
    Only reason I ask is one caught my eye on sunday heading on the m1 after the match

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've seen recovered cars on the Gardai's Twitter page now and then. Operation Waste is the official name for it, afaik. Hope you get it back.

Another car stolen in Kelly's bay last night. The thief damaged the car next door in a failed attempt to steal that one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Musketeer4

Keys were taken from the house I presume?

Why don't you just get on to the insurance and get a new one?

The likelyhood is that the car is burnt out somewhere. Even if you do get it back it'll probably have the hole driven out of it by some little scrotes. Usually what they do is joyride till its out of petrol and then burn it.

These situations are what insurance is for.

My car was found in Skerries Rock on Monday - still waiting for forensics so can't get access to it. Not sure of damage but apparently nothing visibly damaged.

It's probably been redened.

Great result op.

Get it serviced as soon as get back just to be sure all OK.

Should be as was found quick I would say parked up to do another job.

You should ask your insurer could they write it off since its been stolen?

Another car broken into in Kelly's Bay last night.

This is turning into a worrying trend :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There have been a few here in Swords in the past week too.

Musketeer4 wrote: »

It's quite likely completely undamaged, the keys were used to take it. The insurers certainly won't be writing it off.

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    It's quite likely completely undamaged, the keys were used to take it. The insurers certainly won't be writing it off.

Doesn't matter if the keys were used, it could have been joyriding doing burnouts, donuts, hopping it off kerbs and reddening the engine. That could do much internal damage but might not leave any obvious external sign.

Certainly if I had my car stolen I'd rather it didn't turn up because you don't know what abuse it was given while be joyridden around. Especially if it was a good car, you could end up finiding that you need expensive engine repairs a few months down the road.

Certainly if I had my car stolen I'd rather it didn't turn up .............

Lovely, in this case it did turn up, undamaged from all accounts so far. So no grounds for an insurance claim, not to mention trying to get it written off.

But how do you know the engine hasn't suffered damage that has yet to manifest itself?

Car thiefs don't drive around like Miss Daisy, they quite literally drive it like they stole it.

They were probably reddening the engine. Thats damaging.

But how do you know the engine hasn't suffered damage that has yet to manifest itself?

Car thiefs don't drive around like Miss Daisy, they quite literally drive it like they stole it.

They were probably reddening the engine. Thats damaging.

What I know about damage yet to manifest itself isn't relevent here.

The insurers will not be writing this car off, you proposed/queried that as a way forward, it's not.

Glad you got it back in good condition :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Someone was not so lucky around Lusk yesterday evening.

As I passed the Round Towers Filling Station I could see smoke rising from a Fire in the Corduff area.
    As I turned into my lane I passed a squad car, and again 20 mins later passed the same squad.

I had a chat with the Guard, who told me he had been chasing a stolen car, which eventually had been abandoned and burnt out in a field
    He did catch the culprit however.

So well done the Guard, and hard luck to one car owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

A lot of cars are stolen and squirrelled away for use in future crimes. Can get them back undamaged if youre lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

martinn123 wrote: »
    So well done the Guard, and hard luck to one car owner.

Said individual probably has 75 outstanding convictions and when he get's in front of a judge he'll just get a little slap on the wrist because he had a tough upbringing and will be back out robbing cars within hours.

Poor guard doing a thankless job just wasted his time catching him tbh, all he really did was create a ton of paper work for himself and nothing else.

Advertisement