Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Church for Bellingham castle

Options
  • 28-08-2016 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

my daughter is getting married in Bellingham castle in 2018. Venue booked but as she lives in Abu Dhabi along with her Fiancé I (her mam) am trying to choose a church for them. The local church (Kilsaran) was ok but just wondered what other choices we would have bearing in mind that guests will all be coming from Dublin, Kildre and mainly the West so a church close to the airport would also be okay for her. Can anyone tell me what black rock church is like as it was closed on the day we were there. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Rathfeigh Church, just off the N2 is extremely popular.
    097_080411.jpg

little-church-altar.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Bellingham is handy for most areas in the county really. Dunleer have a nice church only about ten minutes away from the castle, or Tinure is a bit further - maybe 20 mins. Both nice inside & nice interiors. Both easily accessible from the M1 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

Dunleer would be best choice I'd say. Come off the M1 to it then when over, up the old road to the castle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Laytown Church looks pretty good.. fantastic panoramic sea views behind the altar..It's also off M1 on way to Castlebellingham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

I got married in the church in blackrock. Beautiful church. On a nice day it's lovely to come out and see the sea and carlingford mountains in the background. Depending on congregation size I'd consider haggardstown church too. Smaller isle but nice church. On a side note pp in blackrock is very nice snd easy to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

I'd second Blackrock church. Lovely church and pp is just fabulous! So easy going and pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Ballapousta just outside Ardee might be worth a look. Nice, small church which has been recently renovated.

I was at a wedding there just two weeks ago (reception was also I'm Bellingham Castle) and found it very nice.

It'd be ideal for those traveling from Dublin and surrounding areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭rachaelf750

Have you looked at stabannon church, dromiskin, darver, dunleer, tinure, teromefeckin or Dillonstown. Drumcar has a lovely small church too. Google will show you some images.

There is a Facebook page called : castlebellingham/ Kilsaran Now & Then ,where you could ask for ideas.I also found out about an old church being renovated in Castlebllingham, it will be used for civil ceremonys etc... http://bit.ly/2cihGGD It will be ready for 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭HAMMERCURRENT

http://buildingsofireland.ie/niah/search.jsp?type=record&county=LH&regno=13826007

This church is practically in the grounds of Bellingham castle, I don't think it's been mentioned, and historically connected to the Bellingham family, it's church of Ireland, not sure if that's problem.

Advertisement