Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postage costs too high - cant compete?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I find an post loosing 1% of my post. Is this the norm? It means that I have to send the same item again out of my own pocket

That would be an extremely high loss rate for any delivery service. I would supect that it gets "lost" internally in the receiver's mind. If you send items without a signature required there are a substantial number of people who will claim they don't receive the item. Motoring offence tickets seem to have a 10% "loss" rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

hairyslug wrote: »
    Just went into the RM site, £3.95 for a 2kg parcel with POD. (2nd class post)
    The equivalent with An Post is €12.90
    Both parcels shipping internally.
    Nothing we can do to compete with that.
    If you're shipping regularly outside Ireland, may be best to open an account with a courier company (don't accept their 1st offer for charging)

Royal Mail "small parcel" is same as An Post "packet". An Post don't offer a second class rate. An Post rates compare favourably with Royal Mail same service rates, but it would be good to have a slower service option.

Royal Mail international rates are quite expensive but if you ship any sort of volume you will get substantial discounts from all the couriers and postal services both here and in the UK.

Advertisement