Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hovione, Cork

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭BaaLamb

I haven't worked there so my information is second hand and probably third hand. What I have heard has been pretty mixed to be honest. People don't appear to stay there and I've heard the training given on the job isn't great. Again bear in mind I've no direct experience myself so what I've been told could be nonsense.

I guess it depends what job you will be doing there?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Unregistered Migrant

The interview was a position in Quality. I did get that impression all right, that you are supposed to just get to it and not expect to be led along by the hand when you start.
    That said, I don't understand it has anything like the reputation of somewhere like say Gilead, about which I have heard nothing but negative things.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭BaaLamb

The interview was a position in Quality. I did get that impression all right, that you are supposed to just get to it and not expect to be led along by the hand when you start.
    That said, I don't understand it has anything like the reputation of somewhere like say Gilead, about which I have heard nothing but negative things.

I've heard Hovione don't pay as well as others either but I guess that is all relative. If you are already in a job I guess you can choose whether or not to move on to Hovione but if you are unemployed and need work then I guess if you get offered you will need to take it.

No not unemployed, but the position is permanent whereas I am on contract where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 newdude2000

I worked there a while back , not good at all , very dangerous, Irish treated very bad as the company is Portuguese

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Lukeskyrunner

Anyone work at/used to work at/knows someone that works at Hovione in Cork? Did an interview there and wondering if offered a position is it a good move?

Thanks

What was the interview like ? Was it for a QC Analyst role ? I was going to apply for a job there because I'm looking to move back to Cork. What's the salary range they offer

Hi, I know this is an old post and so a VERY late reply, but I thought I should reply in case it might help anyone. I just finished working at Hovione and unless someone is absolutely desperate for a job you need to stay away from that dump. Dangerous, dirty, depressing, standards no better than China or India and a horrible work environment and management with what can only be described as mental health issues. I could go on, but long story short, stay away from the place. It will be a horrible time working there and it won't do you any favours on your CV as it has a reputation as a ****hole with poor standards. You could spend 5 years there and it would be worth less than 12 months at a top class company.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭homer1982

I worked there for nearly a year. It was a 10 minute journey for me from home, I left for a position in GSK In DUNGARVAN over an hour of a journey away and an hour and a half home with bad traffic every day for the same salary and I don't regret it one bit. Loved my time in GSK, complete opposite to Hovione. They are very ignorant, aggressive and unprofessional there, mainly the Portuguese which sounds bad on my part but it's the truth. Got my revenge back at a five a side football tournament, sounds childish but I savoured every moment of it.

Advertisement