Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Applegreen shower m6

• 29-08-2016 2:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭

Have to go to dublin this week for an interview. Was hoping not to drive the whole way in a suit and on the off chance the humidity is such a shower may be warranted, what are the changing/shower facilties in Applegreen like?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You'd be much better off showering at the M4 services than the M6. They have showers but I've never looked at them.

Alternatively place the jacket on the back seat and bring a spare shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Didn't know the M6 had showers... If like the M1, they'll be nice and hot. Such a good service to provide :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Don't wear a suit for an extended period in a car, you'll crease it and depending on the material, sweat buckets. Hang the jacket in the rear and leave the pants flat. You're going to be stressed going to an interview, so stick on some clothes that are comfortable and cool. Give yourself plenty of time and either change in Apple Greens or the nearest hotel while grabbing a coffee. I'd also recommend a spare shirt and pants in the boot, you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

ironclaw wrote: »
    Don't wear a suit for an extended period in a car, you'll crease it and depending on the material, sweat buckets. Hang the jacket in the rear and leave the pants flat. You're going to be stressed going to an interview, so stick on some clothes that are comfortable and cool. Give yourself plenty of time and either change in Apple Greens or the nearest hotel while grabbing a coffee. I'd also recommend a spare shirt and pants in the boot, you never know.

+1 with this.. pain in the arse having to change a tyre when you're wearing a suit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

I thought this thread would be about someone saying Applegreen are "an awful shower" rather than actual showers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Kings Inns or bust

I've never understood why people can't do about their day to day lives in a nice suit. I'm always at my most comfortable, day to day in a well fitted two piece suite and cuff links. Take the jacket off in the car, of course and pull the trousers up at the knees ever so slightly when you get in the car.

As for sweating, crack a window and bring a comb! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

Sorry I meant the M4, Enfield. obviously there is no Applegreen on the M6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I've never understood why people can't do about their day to day lives in a nice suit. I'm always at my most comfortable, day to day in a well fitted two piece suite and cuff links. Take the jacket off in the car, of course and pull the trousers up at the knees ever so slightly when you get in the car.

As for sweating, crack a window and bring a comb! :pac:

Or just turn on the sweet sweet AC :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

gufc21 wrote: »
    Sorry I meant the M4, Enfield. obviously there is no Applegreen on the M6

And won't be any time soon by the looks of it. They must have spent a few million constructing on and off ramps on the M6 near Moate for a services operation (one side of the motorway only) and they still haven't found anyone to operate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

I've never understood why people can't do about their day to day lives in a nice suit:

No need to start now so.@op, roll on stick ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Kings Inns or bust

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    No need to start now so.@op, roll on stick ftw.

Men WTF happened...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

coylemj wrote: »
    And won't be any time soon by the looks of it. They must have spent a few million constructing on and off ramps on the M6 near Moate for a services operation (one side of the motorway only) and they still haven't found anyone to operate it.

Nearly. They found too many people looking to operate it.

Advertisement