Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding a Job

Options
  • 29-08-2016 5:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for advice about interviewing when I'm in a job and commuting.

I commute 5+ hours a day. It was fine at the start but it's recently dawned on me how much I hate this and I'm miserable. I'm applying for jobs in my local area but don't know what to do if I get an interview. I'm gone first thing in the morning and don't get back until after 7. I already had to turn one interview down because they wanted to meet me during business hours and I wasn't able to.

I was sick for a few weeks earlier this year (totally legit and doctor certified) so can't fake a sickie and my current role is very busy so can't take annual leave until at least November. I can apply but it will be refused I'm not sure I can last that long. The role is very inflexible so no option to work from home or to leave early. I feel trapped which is adding to feeling miserable.

How can I interview when I'm stuck hours away from where I want to work?

Thanks.

Advertisement