Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screen Recording Software

• 29-08-2016 8:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I wonder if you anyone know of any software to record in windows 10, I will need to record how to use a software. I only need to record the screen but if I could also be able to use the microfone to give some comments it will be handy but not mandatory.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

I've used Debut Video Capture software in the past. I've not done anything fancy with it, but I believe it can take microphone input too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Camstudio is the one I've heard of most frequently, but I haven't used it. Fraps is shareware, so can be had for free but will watermark your videos (paying for the registered version removes this). There's also Open Broadcaster Software which is geared around webcasts but allows recoding to files through a "local screencast" option.

Camstudio and OBS should both allow microphone capture but I'm not sure about fraps. If all else fails, though, you could always install Audacity for this part - it's free and great for this sort of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I have used screentogif with great success recently. No mic recording though. The video output size is huge at first too so be sure to convert it when done.

I have also tested Ice-Cream Screen Recorder which worked well but the free version is limited. Allows you to record yourself via webcam at the same time as the screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

I've used (and can therefore recommend) Camtasia.

And Screencast-O-Matic, although that one leaves a watermark unless you pay for the full version.

Both will record the screen as well as audio and, if necessary, a webcam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Thanks all for the links.

I will a look at the options, having a quick look at the links, looks like some do need a paid version, but I will go for a free version, is not a software I would use very often, so no need to spend money.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Screenpresso - excellent screen print and recording app

Advertisement