Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Siemens related questions

Options
  • 29-08-2016 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Installed a Siemens 4320 in my house at the weekend, all went good with regard to connecting all the hardware. But I have 2 issues which are only minor I think -

i) The keypad I installed is the touchscreen 521 model, how do I add the proximity tags to the system via the keypad?

ii) This is a new build house, so no internet provider at the moment, so I am connected to the panel via a local ethernet cable, I have downloaded SPC software and have established a connection to the panel. I am currently met with the log in screen but I do not know the default log in details ( All codes are still the default versions at this time ) so can somebody shed some light on this please?

Any help appreciated guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Set a static local IP address on the panel and go into that via a web browser, you'll need to use an old version of IE, due to the SSL version they are running on the panel. In the browser when you get the default log-in give a user name as "Engineer" and the default pin code (can't remember off the top of my head what that is 1234? )

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Thewitheredowl

Set a static local IP address on the panel and go into that via a web browser, you'll need to use an old version of IE, due to the SSL version they are running on the panel. In the browser when you get the default log-in give a user name as "Engineer" and the default pin code (can't remember off the top of my head what that is 1234? )

Thanks Dilberto, I have connection to the panel so I will try these log in details this evening. I tried

username : engineer
    password : 1111

But that didn't work, so I'll try 1234 for the password later

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

To add proximity tags enter user code ,goto users & select, edit user & select, goto pace & select. You will then be asked to present fob.
    Note: The user code you enter must have Users access enabled. Its off by default.
    The Login for the browser is
    Engineer (case sensitive)
    Password :1111

KoolKid wrote: »
    To add proximity tags enter user code ,goto users & select, edit user & select, goto pace & select. You will then be asked to present fob.
    Note: The user code you enter must have Users access enabled. Its off by default.
    The Login for the browser is
    Engineer (case sensitive)
    Password :1111

Thanks a lot KoolKid. Actually will not get to try this until tomorrow evening but I'm sure all will work perfectly judging from your advice in other threads

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You should be fine. Give me a shout if you need anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Thanks Dilberto, I have connection to the panel so I will try these log in details this evening. I tried

username : engineer
    password : 1111

But that didn't work, so I'll try 1234 for the password later

You want to use "Engineer" with a capital E as the user name. This caught me out at first when i started working with these. I don't remember it being documented in anything i read.

Thanks guys, I could log in to the panel last night, and I was also able to add my two fobs to the system so that's great.

Two other questions if I may.....

i) Couldn't see a way to edit the entry or exit times, want to reduce these from the default 45 seconds, I looked in the Timers menu but I couldn't see it, maybe it is elsewhere

ii) And this is not important to me really, but just for my info, is it possible to set up the fobs so that they can only arm the panel but not disarm it?

Appreciate the advice

The entry exit times are set in Areas Menu.
    You can set up a fob to do that. Just add the fob to a new user and set that user up with only that permission.

The entry exit times are set in Areas Menu.
    You can set up a fob to do that. Just add the fob to a new user and set that user up with only that permission.

Both worked a treat. Thanks KoolKid

Both worked a treat. Thanks KoolKid

Hi again,

Another question if I may. Just installed another Siemens 4320 into a new build house. The electrician installed a 4 core alarm cable back to the position where the internet router will be located, this is obviously not sufficient for an Ethernet connection. Just wondering what options I have here?

Is there a wifi adapter that is compatible with the panel? Or I can use the 4 core cable to deliver a phone line to the panel if that helps? And then if they are not a viable option is there a gsm option?

If all 3 options are possible, what would be the most efficient and easiest to use for the end user?

Many thanks

• Advertisement

The simple solution is put a socket beside the panel and use TP link type adapters.

The simple solution is put a socket beside the panel and use TP link type adapters.

Good idea!

Probably a stupid question but do these have to be on the same electrical circuit, i.e. The source plug top and the destination plug top?

No they work across any circuit.

Advertisement