Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening child's account

Options
  • 29-08-2016 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

hi 
    I've done a search but no posts in past year and a half. 
    I would like to open an account for my 9 month old baby. 
    Can I do this on 365online or will I need to go into the branch? 
    I can't see an option online.  

Thanks 
    Mary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Gmail wrote: »
    hi 
    I've done a search but no posts in past year and a half. 
    I would like to open an account for my 9 month old baby. 
    Can I do this on 365online or will I need to go into the branch? 
    I can't see an option online.  

Thanks 
    Mary
    Good Morning Mary, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie we have a Young Saver account which is for children from 0-12 years. You can read about it here and opening is so simple-its done through your own online account. 

You can do the whole application online, but may be asked to bring in proof of PPS to the branch at your own convenience. 

If you have any other queries, please let us know. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Gmail

Thanks for the reply Evie - your right it was very easy! Done already! 
    Regards
    Mary

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭oEmmao

is this the same procedure if you want to open an account for your niece (ie, not your own child?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

oEmmao wrote: »
    is this the same procedure if you want to open an account for your niece (ie, not your own child?)
    Hi oEmmao, thanks for getting in touch.

Yes you can open this account by logging into 365 Online and selecting the ‘Apply Online’ option from the left hand menu and choosing ‘Junior Accounts’.
    You can open a Young Savers Account which is suitable for a child from birth up to 13 years of age. There’s some more information on our Young Savers account here.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else.
    Thanks
    Nicola

Yes you can open this account by logging into 365 Online and selecting the ‘Apply Online’ option from the left hand menu and choosing ‘Junior Accounts’.
    You can open a Young Savers Account which is suitable for a child from birth up to 13 years of age. There’s some more information on our Young Savers account here.

Thanks
    Nicola
    I am trying to open the account, but it wont let me put the childs surname which is double-barreled, ive tried with and without the hyphen and no luck, can you please advise? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Thanks
    Nicola
    I am trying to open the account, but it wont let me put the childs surname which is double-barreled, ive tried with and without the hyphen and no luck, can you please advise? thanks
    Thanks oEmmao, the field for the child's surname is limited to a maximum of 18 characters including spaces.

If the surname exceeds this then you can call into your local Bank of Ireland branch to apply, please see here for further information and for details of what documents you'll need.

Thanks
    Nicola

Thanks
    Nicola
    Thanks oEmmao, the field for the child's surname is limited to a maximum of 18 characters including spaces.

If the surname exceeds this then you can call into your local Bank of Ireland branch to apply, please see here for further information and for details of what documents you'll need.

Thanks
    Nicola
    actually it seems to be 18 characters in total, including the first name, so i left out the space in the double barrelled name, hope this will be ok

Advertisement