Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crackling landline

Options
  • 29-08-2016 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭

After a few minutes of making a call, I start to hear crackling noises. The noise only starts to happen 5 minutes into the call. An engineer has been out twice but can see no fault. 

The handset has been replaced with a new set but the issue remains.

The annoying thing is, Eir are charging me the same amount for my faulty service as they do for 'normal' service, which i think is unfair.

How do I get to the bottom of this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

After a few minutes of making a call, I start to hear crackling noises. The noise only starts to happen 5 minutes into the call. An engineer has been out twice but can see no fault. 

The handset has been replaced with a new set but the issue remains.

The annoying thing is, Eir are charging me the same amount for my faulty service as they do for 'normal' service, which i think is unfair.

How do I get to the bottom of this?
    [font=Cambria, serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]IamtheWalrus,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing on-going issues with your line. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]When you have contacting the faults team to troubleshoot this issue was the crackling noise present?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]IamtheWalrus,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing on-going issues with your line. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]When you have contacting the faults team to troubleshoot this issue was the crackling noise present?[/font]

Thanks for your reply.

An engineer came today. He made a change to a wire. It seems to have fixed it (haven't made a call yet). I'll be in touch if this isn't the case.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Thanks for your reply.

An engineer came today. He made a change to a wire. It seems to have fixed it (haven't made a call yet). I'll be in touch if this isn't the case.

Thanks.
    No problem at all,

Glad to hear someone has been out to resolve the issue. 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Advertisement