Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New headphones for cutting lawn

• 29-08-2016 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

Hi, I hate cutting the lawn. I often see people cutting the lawn wearing wireless headphones that have radio aerials (I think).

I am a technophobe so would appreciate if someone could help me locate a good set of headphones that drown out surrounding noise and let me listen to the radio. I would also use them to listen to music (MP3s)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

get a pair of cheep earbuds and connect them to your phone. Most have an fm radio. Go to your local hardware store and get a pair of cheep ear protection yokes and overlap that over the earbuds that are already in your ears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Hi, I hate cutting the lawn. I often see people cutting the lawn wearing wireless headphones that have radio aerials (I think).

I am a technophobe so would appreciate if someone could help me locate a good set of headphones that drown out surrounding noise and let me listen to the radio. I would also use them to listen to music (MP3s)

Are you sure there not just wearing hearing protection?

http://www.instructables.com/id/Hearing-Protection-Headphone-Conversion-for-iPod/

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Singer73

Lawn mowers are much better for cutting the lawn than headphones. I am not a horticulturalist, so am open to correction..

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭flipsat

:D:D:D:D
    Singer73 wrote: »
    Lawn mowers are much better for cutting the lawn than headphones. I am not a horticulturalist, so am open to correction..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

I reckon you would be better off not wearing headphones cutting grass.If you hit something like a stone with headphones on you might not realise it and wreck the lawnmower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

magentis wrote: »
    I reckon you would be better off not wearing headphones cutting grass.If you hit something like a stone with headphones on you might not realise it and wreck the lawnmower.

You'd feel it though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

magentis wrote: »

Mowing for years with buds in. You'll still notice even a small piece of timber never mind a stone.

Advertisement