Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Development/IT team for boards??

Options
  • 29-08-2016 11:43am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18

Hi,

This is an inquiry into the IT development side of the website.

I am a member of a group which is part of an initiative to launch a website, similar to boards.ie, but as a resource for mental health and mental illness support nationally.

Baords.ie has an excellent setup, and basically I am information gathering as to where we can contract a good IT team to build our web resource site.
    The idea being to incorporate discussion forums of various natures, somewhat akin to "Bluelight" pharmacology forum, but conceptualized with national resource contacts and input logs from mental health professionals.

In short - can boards.ie provide for me a contact for their IT/web development team?
    Or generally point me in the right direction as far as that's concerned.

Appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Newman35

I was curious to know who developed boards.ie too, it’s a good site, but from what I was told boards.ie is built and customised on a third party forum script that's already available off the shelf, of course this could be very wrong, I can point you to someone reliable who done a classified website advertvillage.com for me in 2013, the quality of my site was unbelievable but unfortunately I went out of business shortly after due to personal reasons, so couldn’t afford the marketing, but I'd definitely check them out and give them a call, I don't have their number but you can find them on google dotmoby.com I just checked it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 ElectroTechno

Cheers, I'll definitely check that out.

The template for several other forums seems to be done through vBulletin.

I haven't looked into that in depth yet but, the finished product of several of the websites seems to be excellent.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement