Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't I cancel my deceased father's account?

Options
  • 29-08-2016 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My father was an eir subscriber who died on 9th August - I am next of kin so called on 13th August to cancel account (I live in England, I had been in Ireland from 9th until 12th sorting out his funeral etc)

I spoke to someone on 13th and then 15th and emailed them on 16th with copy death cert. No response to this email.

Emailed complaint on Fri 19th, response 24th asking for death cert - replied to email, no further response.

How can I cancel the account without having to call to Ireland again? Its expensive as I live in England and I have already done this to no avail.

I also posted on the eir boards but this is dragging on too long. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

a155sjd wrote: »
    My father was an eir subscriber who died on 9th August - I am next of kin so called on 13th August to cancel account (I live in England, I had been in Ireland from 9th until 12th sorting out his funeral etc)

I spoke to someone on 13th and then 15th and emailed them on 16th with copy death cert. No response to this email.

Emailed complaint on Fri 19th, response 24th asking for death cert - replied to email, no further response.

How can I cancel the account without having to call to Ireland again? Its expensive as I live in England and I have already done this to no avail.

I also posted on the eir boards but this is dragging on too long. 
    Hi  a155sjd,

Thanks for getting in touch. 
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and sincere apologies for the issues you have experienced in closing the account, I can understand how frustrating this must be.  Can you PM me the account number and I will follow this up for you.

-Pamela 

Advertisement