Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Cabinet KDB1_001A Live, no one connected

Options
  • 29-08-2016 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi

I am going up the walls with Eir support so perhaps someone on here can help. My house is 220m away from a new live Fibre Cabinet KDB_001 (Fibrerollout Map) or also called KDB1_001A as per the sticker on the actual cabinet.

However despite waiting years for this to become live I have been told that there is virtually 0% chance of my estate, or hundreds of other homes near by ever being connected. This is because the roads would have to be dug up and permission granted by Wicklow County Council. However who then is this cabinet for, because no one is currently connected to it in my area.

However to further muddy the waters, the council estate being my house, I could spit and hit the house can apparently get 100mb fibre but I'm stuck on roughly 6mb.

Based on what I have heard it seems Eir is making lots of cabinets and areas 'live' by association but it appears that many people are not actually being connected.

There are hundreds of homes and businesses in my area that are screaming for fibre and now that there is a live cabinet no one is going to get it, disgraceful.

Please someone from Eir come on and tell me the truth.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

smythc wrote: »
    Hi

I am going up the walls with Eir support so perhaps someone on here can help. My house is 220m away from a new live Fibre Cabinet KDB_001 (Fibrerollout Map) or also called KDB1_001A as per the sticker on the actual cabinet.

However despite waiting years for this to become live I have been told that there is virtually 0% chance of my estate, or hundreds of other homes near by ever being connected. This is because the roads would have to be dug up and permission granted by Wicklow County Council. However who then is this cabinet for, because no one is currently connected to it in my area.

However to further muddy the waters, the council estate being my house, I could spit and hit the house can apparently get 100mb fibre but I'm stuck on roughly 6mb.

Based on what I have heard it seems Eir is making lots of cabinets and areas 'live' by association but it appears that many people are not actually being connected.

There are hundreds of homes and businesses in my area that are screaming for fibre and now that there is a live cabinet no one is going to get it, disgraceful.

Please someone from Eir come on and tell me the truth.

Thanks
    Hi  smythc,

Thanks for getting in touch. 
    I'm afraid efibre is not a guaranteed service. If this cabinet is active and you are unable to avail of the service more than likely you are connected to this cabinet. I understand how frustrating this may be and I'm very sorry I could not offer you better news.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 44 smythc

Hi Pamela

I don't mean to be short here but your just providing a text book Eir response. Firstly you have not answered my question, have you even looked up who is connected to the cabinet, what areas, what estates, info like that would be very helpful for me.

Secondly, come 2017 as part of the National Broadband Plan, a minimum of 30mb speed will be a legal right of every person in the country so from then it will be a guaranteed service so not connecting people to a live box now is crazy.

Can you please tell me what estates in the Barndarrig location of Wicklow are connected to the box KDB1_001A which just went live in early August. Feel free to leave out house numbers but estate names from the addresses would be useful, if you can't look up the cabinets then there is not much point in an Eir rep being on here fielding questions about fibre.

thanks

Colm

Hi Pamela

I don't mean to be short here but your just providing a text book Eir response. Firstly you have not answered my question, have you even looked up who is connected to the cabinet, what areas, what estates, info like that would be very helpful for me.

Secondly, come 2017 as part of the National Broadband Plan, a minimum of 30mb speed will be a legal right of every person in the country so from then it will be a guaranteed service so not connecting people to a live box now is crazy.

Can you please tell me what estates in the Barndarrig location of Wicklow are connected to the box KDB1_001A which just went live in early August. Feel free to leave out house numbers but estate names from the addresses would be useful, if you can't look up the cabinets then there is not much point in an Eir rep being on here fielding questions about fibre.

thanks

Colm
    I'm sorry you feel this way  smythc. Cabinets will be activated with the efibre services in certain areas but I'm afraid this would not mean you are connected to this cabinet as each line is individual and individually enabled with the efibre service. In this area there are two cabinets which are live and supplying the efibre service to customers KBD1_001 and KBD1_E01 and you can view this information  on our rollout plan here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/
    If you are an eir customer I am more than happy to take a look at your line and query with our openeir department your cabinet/exchange details.

-Pamela

• Registered Users Posts: 44 smythc

Hi Pamela

thanks

Colm
    I'm sorry you feel this way smythc. Cabinets will be activated with the efibre services in certain areas but I'm afraid this would not mean you are connected to this cabinet as each line is individual and individually enabled with the efibre service. In this area there are two cabinets which are live and supplying the efibre service to customers KBD1_001 and KBD1_E01 and you can view this information on our rollout plan here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/
    If you are an eir customer I am more than happy to take a look at your line and query with our openeir department your cabinet/exchange details.

-Pamela

Hi Pamela

I have replied via PM

Thanks

Colm

Hi Pamela

thanks

Colm
    I'm sorry you feel this way smythc. Cabinets will be activated with the efibre services in certain areas but I'm afraid this would not mean you are connected to this cabinet as each line is individual and individually enabled with the efibre service. In this area there are two cabinets which are live and supplying the efibre service to customers KBD1_001 and KBD1_E01 and you can view this information  on our rollout plan here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/

-Pamela

Hi Pamela

I have replied via PM

Thanks

Colm
    Thanks Colm, I'll be back to you shortly.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement