Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

download game using pc and saving to external hard drive?

Options
  • 29-08-2016 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭

is it possible to download games from pc directly to an external harddrive? I bought Halo MCC from cdkeys, but at 70gb it's going to screw my broadband allowance. If this is possible, I can bring the hard-drive to work and download it here...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ablelocks wrote: »
    is it possible to download games from pc directly to an external harddrive? I bought Halo MCC from cdkeys, but at 70gb it's going to screw my broadband allowance. If this is possible, I can bring the hard-drive to work and download it here...

No don't think you can do that. Can you sneak your Xbox in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

emmetkenny wrote: »
    No don't think you can do that. Can you sneak your Xbox in?

yeah, I could. bit of a hassle though, and I don't have a monitor in work - can an xbox be connected to a laptop or surface pro?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Make sure you have the work network available to use with your xbox - wifi code - try this at home so it automatically connects once turned on in work. Redeem the code through your xbox and start the download - disconnect your home wifi then bring it to work, power it up and it should download automatically without needing the monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

ablelocks wrote: »

Not sure if it would work but if you had someone lend you the disk and installed it, it might cut back on the installation size once you redeemed the key. Really never tried this though.

Advertisement