Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lowering credit limit

Options
  • 29-08-2016 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

hi,
    how can i lower the limit on my credit card?
    it is currently at 6K and i want to have it reduced!
    thanking you in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon Biorra,

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

If you are registered for Online Banking you can send this request via the Online Service Desk while you're logged into 365Online. Just use the option for 'Ask a Question' and ensure to click your credit card account number from the drop down box. 

Alternatively, you can send this request via Card Care. This is a relatively new system and offers a wide rage of other service features such as check you up to date balance including pending transactions and view your pin number online. You can read more about this service here

Just to mention, our representatives can only reduce a limit to an amount above the existing balance. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine

Advertisement