Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive though McDonalds Celbridge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

In the meantime, Celbridge is getting an Eddie Rockets!!

www.propelinfo.com – 09.02.2017
    US-style diner and burger bar Eddie Rocket’s has opened its second venue in Belfast at a site formerly occupied by Ed’s Easy Diner, which closed days before Christmas. Franchise holder Justin Ward already runs Eddie Rocket’s other Belfast restaurant – in Lisburn Road – and its other Northern Ireland site, in Newry. A third Belfast site, this time in the city centre, is due to open soon. Other openings in the pipeline include Lisburn Leisure Park in Northern Ireland along with three venues in the Republic – Portlaoise, Co. Laois; Point Village, Dublin; and Celbridge, Co.Kildare. They are mostly franchisee-owned in line with the company’s business strategy for 2017. Rocket Restaurants Group currently has 47 restaurants across Ireland and the UK, of which 25 are owned by long-standing multi-unit franchisees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

ongarboy wrote: »
    In the meantime, Celbridge is getting an Eddie Rockets!!

www.propelinfo.com – 09.02.2017
    US-style diner and burger bar Eddie Rocket’s has opened its second venue in Belfast at a site formerly occupied by Ed’s Easy Diner, which closed days before Christmas. Franchise holder Justin Ward already runs Eddie Rocket’s other Belfast restaurant – in Lisburn Road – and its other Northern Ireland site, in Newry. A third Belfast site, this time in the city centre, is due to open soon. Other openings in the pipeline include Lisburn Leisure Park in Northern Ireland along with three venues in the Republic – Portlaoise, Co. Laois; Point Village, Dublin; and Celbridge, Co.Kildare. They are mostly franchisee-owned in line with the company’s business strategy for 2017. Rocket Restaurants Group currently has 47 restaurants across Ireland and the UK, of which 25 are owned by long-standing multi-unit franchisees.

Wonder why in celbridge it would go. Is there units at supervalu for them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

scheister wrote: »
    Wonder why in celbridge it would go. Is there units at supervalu for them

The old spar unit on main st?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

It's going over beside SuperValu, they have a unit reserved there.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Yes, over at Supervalu, it's been up for planning permission for months. It's under grace kelly enterprises or something like that, which is the trading name for Eddie rockets I think.

Hopefully it gets the go ahead. We could use something like that in celbridge.

• Advertisement

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Yes, over at Supervalu, it's been up for planning permission for months. It's under grace kelly enterprises or something like that, which is the trading name for Eddie rockets I think.

Grace kelly Limited
    file number 16781

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Coopaloop wrote: »

eddie rockets trades as rocket restaurants. the fortune family own that, grace kelly limited has none of them listed as directors so unless its some sort of solicitors / holding company id say different. Grace Kelly Limited appears to be a husband and wife residing in kildare with an address in naas. Could be franchisees but a lot of ER's restaurants are being taken back by corporate a-la parnell st.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Grace Kelly ltd own Newbridge & Naas ERs, I must also add some of the worst service I've ever experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

ongarboy wrote: »

Are there schools nearby? They influenced the rejection of a KFC in Navan and McDonalds in Greystones recently as they said they'd be too much of a temptation for the school kids and would encourage obesity.
    Alternative scenario: The parents could teach their children healthy eating habits and self control, and the obese people and other poor souls they fear so much could secure much needed employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Alternative scenario: The parents could teach their children healthy eating habits and self control, and the obese people and other poor souls they fear so much could secure much needed employment.

We live in Ireland, expecting anybody to be personally responsible for themselves or their children is blasphemy and political suicide here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

I have just heard that Bord Pleanala have overturned the decision about McDonald's going in at Tesco and it will go ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭paddythe goat

looks like bord pleanala has granted permission at tesco car park ....look up pl 247561 on bord pleanala web site...........

welcome the jobs to celbridge, not too much interested in litter factor, all over the town, which will follow............

more traffic congestion at already busy and often slow junction, would prefer roundabout rather than lights........... over to kcc.......

maynooth road already very very busy..............:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,701 ✭✭✭brian_t

scarbouro wrote: »
    I have just heard that Bord Pleanala have overturned the decision about McDonald's going in at Tesco and it will go ahead!

http://www.pleanala.ie/documents/directions/247/S247561.pdf

granted with 13 conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Would prefer a Burger King or KFC to go in, too many McDonald's around in Lucan and Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

Looks like they're definitely coming, permission has been granted.

Edit: didn't realise it had been posted already a couple of post back, just saw it posted on kfm a week ago :o

have not heard any start up date?? not sure it will help traffic congestion in that area......plus hardly likely to improve good work of excellent tidy towns people.....hopefully will provide jobs for 20/30 lucky local people?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Looks like they're definitely coming, permission has been granted.

Edit: didn't realise it had been posted already a couple of post back, just saw it posted on kfm a week ago :o

8am to 11pm pretty crappy if you are a breakfast fan or want an alternative to macaris after a night out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Slightly off topic . But i have heard the cafe next to the creed coffee shop is looking to become a fancy burger place serving beer as well. Could do well something the village does not have.

Davidth88 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic . But i have heard the cafe next to the creed coffee shop is looking to become a fancy burger place serving beer as well. Could do well something the village does not have.

Isn't that the place that Macaris own? Was Route 66 for a while, which looked like it was going to be a more fancy burger place... but was just another Macaris?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

One of my favourite things about Celbridge was the absence of fast food chains. Soon it'll have Eddy Rockets and McDonalds, it's a shame.

From a tastiness standpoint, every Macaris is better than McDonalds.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

judeboy101 wrote: »
    8am to 11pm pretty crappy if you are a breakfast fan or want an alternative to macaris after a night out

After a night out: Kebab from Big Bites, formally "Delish". The kebabs have seriously improved with the name change.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

mloc123 wrote:
    Isn't that the place that Macaris own? Was Route 66 for a while, which looked like it was going to be a more fancy burger place... but was just another Macaris?

Yes... however apparently it's a dublin music promoter as acquired the place ( lease or whatever ) and popped into creed and told them his plans . Nice fancy burger place may be a good thing esp if it has a licence .

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Shandon

Anyone hear what's going in where spar used to be beside the village Inn? I saw the sale agreed sign on it

Shandon wrote:
    Anyone hear what's going in where spar used to be beside the village Inn? I saw the sale agreed sign on it

I have heard purchased by an Indian chap who already owns some pound shops ... so that be what's moving in . It also may explain the sad loss of the local shop next door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Davidth88 wrote: »
    I have heard purchased by an Indian chap who already owns some pound shops ... so that be what's moving in . It also may explain the sad loss of the local shop next door.

Just what the mainstreet needs... Another junk shop

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Valiant chrysler

Any news on McDonald's
    I have used various drive thru's because when you are bullied and harassed by members of the community because you are not selling your house and yard.
    The quickest option for food is best.

HEARD NOTHING RE PROGRESS OR other wise from tesco site and mc donalds, all on hold for now, re old spar at bridge, sale agreed on it a long long time, heard bad roof fell in during storm over christmas, so maybe that explains delays.....was told its back on market with different auctioneer firm, seems its on a web site for auction??..............lets wait for a little while, should be excellent location for business........... or apts.....??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Shandon

Any news on either mcdonalds or the old spar shop on the main street? There's a serious lack of chain eating outlets (or any eating outlets) in celbridge. Surely the likes of insomnia chopped subway etc would clean up given the population and demographic of the town.

Advertisement