Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy a house in Bettystown area or South Drogheda

Options
  • 29-08-2016 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

We are a house loan approved couple looking to buy a 3bed house in area of Laytown, Bettystown, Mornington or South Drogheda. We were unlucky so far to find a suitable property thru estate agents as they take their time, not returning phone calls, not even sure if they are forwarding offers to the house owners... We’ve been searching for months now and it seems we’re not getting anywhere. If anybody is planning to put their property up for sale or knows somebody who will sell in the nearest future, I’ll be very grateful for letting me know. Thank you so much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Price range? A few new developments in that area now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 natkhal

The new development houses are out of my budget unfortunately, I think they start from 227k, my max would be around 185k-190k so I have to find something within my price range. I want to buy a house, I have my finance sorted, the only problem is finding a suitable house within my budget and in reasonable time frame. It seems to me that estate agencies are not on rush to sell their houses, they keep waiting for new offers even they have the asking price. I know it's all about the money but it's very frustrating for the buyer and sometimes for the seller as well, especially if both want to finalize the transaction. Well, I'll keep looking! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

ill be selling my three bed semi soon its its not south side Drogheda then its not north side either, its in cedarfield just off the Donore Road however im looking to get around the 210k mark! South drogheda prices seem to be that bit higher then other parts.

Thank you for your reply Jen44. Cedarfield is a very nice estate but I would probably look for something closer to the train station as my husband will be commuting to Dublin every day. I've noticed that North Drogheda houses have lower asking prices comparing to southside, probably because of easier access to the train station and impression of being closer to Dublin :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

your right there! And as someone who commuted to Dublin daily myself these things are very important! I was lucky in that i drove and cedarfield is so close to M1! The best of luck with it all i hope you find something! To reassure you drogheda is a lovely place to live i lived there in cedarfield for 10 years and i really enjoyed it we rent out our house now but as i mentioned plan on selling it soon!

Thank you for the link Ms Doubtfire1 but unfortunately Termon Abbey is on the northside of the town.

Jen44: Driving was an option but we've decided that train will probably be faster, especially with morning traffic around St. Stephen's Green. I hope we'll find something soon and thank you so much again for your advices.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

natkhal wrote: »
    Thank you for the link Ms Doubtfire1 but unfortunately Termon Abbey is on the northside of the town.

Jen44: Driving was an option but we've decided that train will probably be faster, especially with morning traffic around St. Stephen's Green. I hope we'll find something soon and thank you so much again for your advices.

There is a bus that goes from Termon Abbey (101X) every day to Wilton Terrace (top of Leeson St so close to the Green).

To be honest, as someone who has gotten the bus & train over the years, I 'd never go near the train again. The bus gives you so many more options & can be quicker depending on how early you start work at

Thank you darklighter, it's good to know. Can you tell me how long it takes to get to town by bus to be there after 7am or around 8am. I know that train takes approx 1h to get to Pearse Street, not sure about the bus though.

Advertisement