Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy email address

Options
  • 29-08-2016 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Getting a lot of emails the last few weeks from Eircom based email addresses which are  obviously dodgy all are using Eircom email platform to send these emails ......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

harr wrote: »
    Hi
    Getting a lot of emails the last few weeks from Eircom based email addresses which are  obviously dodgy all are using Eircom email platform to send these emails ......
    Hi  harr,

Thanks for getting in touch. 
    I'm sorry to hear this, does this e-mail appear to come from eir?

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

No ,just using an Eir email address....sometimes just a first name example would be Laura@eircom.net or a few from accounts@eircom.net  they are flaged as phishing  emails or that they contain viruses.... 

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

Hi,
    I am also getting emails like this. they come from for example  - Marguerite315@eircom.net with the subject line as IMG, fax or images or Pictures.  I have received about 50 of these emails from various different eircom.net accounts over the last 2-3 weeks.
    Other emails address include Louella9055@eircom.net + Marian437@eircom.net + Tamika76@eircom.net

Any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

Spoofed FROM address in spam/phishing/virus emails. Best advice is to "mark as spam" in your email client or delete.

Hi,
    I am also getting emails like this. they come from for example  - Marguerite315@eircom.net with the subject line as IMG, fax or images or Pictures.  I have received about 50 of these emails from various different eircom.net accounts over the last 2-3 weeks.
    Other emails address include Louella9055@eircom.net + Marian437@eircom.net + Tamika76@eircom.net

Any ideas ?
    Hi Guys,

I would reccomend making these messages as SPAM.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

java wrote: »
    Spoofed FROM address in spam/phishing/virus emails. Best advice is to "mark as spam" in your email client or delete.
    Thanks  java :D

-Pamela 

Advertisement