Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cb radio is still active.!

• 29-08-2016 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Talk all over the world using your own setup,be it mobile or home base. USB,lsb still alive!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

Its a lot more niche than it was in the 80s. Fm/am has far more swearing than it did back in the day. And far more church services too....

There are a load of folks chasing dx on side band.

To say still alive is maybe a little optimistic, but the death throes haven't quite stopped yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 aiden007

Its a lot more niche than it was in the 80s. Fm/am has far more swearing than it did back in the day. And far more church services too....

There are a load of folks chasing dx on side band.

To say still alive is maybe a little optimistic, but the death throes haven't quite stopped yet!

Fm and am are gone, ssb still alive regarding dx, locals that were on are affected by noise which I believe is new fibre optics,from it has been installed here I have constant battle with noise.
    There is people I have talked to were not aware that you could still use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Since moving to mainland Europe (Poland), I'm back in the game. Cb is extremely popular here, maybe 40% of cars have CBs.
    They come in dead handy for traffic, police sightings etc.
    A few weeks back was some amazing skip. Sat in garden chatting to some romanian farmers in their fields (about 400km away), this was on 4w AM.

Cb units are very small now a days, size of a CD case.

I bought the crt one, fits down side of my passenger seat, and has all the European bands on it (UK, EU, cept, polish, German) and works very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

cb is still alive fm is not great but workable 27 555 is at a low end at the moment but then it does come alive get the sets out lads were still dxing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

Saturday gone there was a great amount of skip on 555, I was getting contacts in northern europe sitting in a car park at sea level on 12 watts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 aiden007

I didn't get on radio in a while, I hear there is little probagation at the moment, hoping to get sirio gain master set up this week if weather permits.Hopefully hear a bit of dx, unusual weather is taking its toll on propagation and low solar activity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

skip very bad now we will still hold on for better times

Advertisement