Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommendations 12 days in Vietnam

• 29-08-2016 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all,

Any recommendations for places to see in North Vietnam over 12 days? We fly into Hanoi and want to visit Halong Bay and Hoi An but would like advice on anywhere else to see and the best beaches there to relax for a few days.

I saw other threads on this which seem pretty old but if the info is still valid please let me know.

Thanks
    M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I could be wrong but I would assume a lot of the old info is still valid, I have commented on many VN questions and would stand by every thing I said in the last. Ha Noi is lovely, so is Ha Lang bay and Hoi An...I also loved Sapa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

My brother flew into the north and took a guided motor bike trip down south for a few days.
    He said it was brilliant. Brought him into remote villages along the way.
    His daughter and hubby did it on their honeymoon as well.
    A great way to see the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭whatever76

Sapa defo worth doing - really enjoyed the few days there - the tribes are interesting to say the least but just go along with it when they walk along with you - its all part of it. ensure though u get decent train ticket for a cabin/bed as its a long journey.
    Halong bay - worth doing alright but i think one night only on a junk boat , seeing the cave and a bit of a kayak is more than enough if you ask me - way more interesting things to see on mainland. I just got bored but that just me.
    Only beach I visited was mui ne - really enjoyed it there - very relaxing Nice few resturants and small bars for night time.
    Hoi An defo worth a trip - went in November though and it rained alot sadly so left early !!

enjoy the trip - its a great holiday ! One warning close your eyes on the buses .. some interesting over taking goes one so best not look !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 govietnam

Sapa is my favorite! If you visit Hanoi, you should take 2 days on Sapa

Advertisement