Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of small holiday park?

Options
  • 29-08-2016 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

Ok I am not from the building trade but am looking for advice & thought Id ask here before going to see someone in person so i would kind of know what I'm talking about
    Looking to start up a small holiday park that can grow over time.

Just wanting to know rough price for the following:

How much to clear a 1 acre site?
    Would need foundations for the following buildings...price?
    9.5m x 9.5m
    9.5m x 6m
    6.5m x 4.5m
    5.5m x 7.5m
    The buildings would be installed by another company

How much would it be to get electricity & water on site for all 4 buildings
    Sorry if my post is vague but not sure what questions to ask but happy to try to answer any questions needed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Ok I am not from the building trade but am looking for advice & thought Id ask here before going to see someone in person so i would kind of know what I'm talking about
    Looking to start up a small holiday park that can grow over time.

Just wanting to know rough price for the following:

How much to clear a 1 acre site?
    Would need foundations for the following buildings...price?
    9.5m x 9.5m
    9.5m x 6m
    6.5m x 4.5m
    5.5m x 7.5m
    The buildings would be installed by another company

How much would it be to get electricity & water on site for all 4 buildings
    Sorry if my post is vague but not sure what questions to ask but happy to try to answer any questions needed

What are the building going to be used for ? The foundations are dependent on the weight of the structure going on to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

ted1 wrote: »
    What are the building going to be used for ? The foundations are dependent on the weight of the structure going on to them.

They would be for wooden chalet's for holiday lettings, was told by the company that the foundations would need to be at least 10cm thick

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Help!!!! wrote: »
    They would be for wooden chalet's for holiday lettings, was told by the company that the foundations would need to be at least 10cm thick

That sounds like a floor slab, not a foundation.

kceire wrote: »
    That sounds like a floor slab, not a foundation.

ok so would you have any idea prices? Just want rough estimates so I have some sort of idea when talking to companies

No idea.
    All depends on ground conditions, thickness of concrete required, reinforcement and sub floor build up design.

Have you had a site investigation carried out so your engineer can design the slabs?

• Advertisement

No idea.
    All depends on ground conditions, thickness of concrete required, reinforcement and sub floor build up design.

Have you had a site investigation carried out so your engineer can design the slabs?

I was really just looking for a ball park figure so I'd have some sort of idea before i meet people in person. I know its hard to say without seeing the property but i thought someone on here might have some sort of idea. Don't want to get screwed over just because I've no experience of construction. I've got friends who are builders but thought I'd ask here first

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

Honestly, Id talk to a Quantity Surveyor. He/she could do a cost plan for you and then you would know if you are getting ripped off. Best 600 or so you would ever spend.

Tefral wrote: »
    Honestly, Id talk to a Quantity Surveyor. He/she could do a cost plan for you and then you would know if you are getting ripped off. Best 600 or so you would ever spend.

Ok thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Imo op needs an architect/engineer to suss out planning/waste treatment etc before wasting anyone else's time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement