Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advanced entry to DT228?

Options
  • 29-08-2016 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a question in relation to advance entry. I just graduated from my level 5 PLC this year but unfortunately did not get my place in DIT.

I have two options now, I can go on to do a level 6 and then try again next year or I can go to IT Tallaght's level 8 computing course.

My problem is I'd really prefer to do DIT's Computer Science course and was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to gain advance entry after doing a year in Computing at ITT? I read on DIT's website that you are eligible for advanced entry if you have partially completed a similar course.

Does anyone know if this would count as a similar course? And if so, how rare is it for one to be accepted into advance entry this way?

If no one knows, I'd really appreciate if you could direct me towards someone from DIT who could tell me.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MrSci

Personally if it was me I would do the level 8 for a number of reasons.

1. I believe spaces for advance entry are very limited

2. You may feel lost going into 2nd year if you've covered different things in the level 6 course.

3. You're not guaranteed a place so potentially could be wasting a year

4. I've heard good things about ITT's competing course

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DukeAwesome

MrSci wrote: »
    Personally if it was me I would do the level 8 for a number of reasons.

1. I believe spaces for advance entry are very limited

2. You may feel lost going into 2nd year if you've covered different things in the level 6 course.

3. You're not guaranteed a place so potentially could be wasting a year

4. I've heard good things about ITT's competing course

Yeah you're probably right, I guess I'm just worried about the fact that a computing course is held to a much lesser prestige than a computer science course.

Thanks a lot for your reply, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DKinger107

Do you mind me asking how many distinctions you got on your level 5 course. I'm currently trying to get onto first year from a level 5

Advertisement