Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm glad I was wearing my ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

edited post:found the answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Yeah, there was discussion this morning on one of the radio talk shows about culling deer in the Phoenix Park. It seemed to annoy a lot of people.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the deer in the park annoy people? or the discussion annoyed people?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Culling triathletes I'd understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭endacl

They are a bit out of control. Everybody's a triathlete. They're slowly being displaced by MMA 'fighters'.

Neither a native species.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

The park deer are mangey and their lack of caution is an indication of overpopulation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

I do hope he didn't finish the last 10km with a cracked hemlet. That'd be lunacy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Sponsored by Stagg Cycles :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I don't know, what it'll be like around here by Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭secman

diomed wrote: »
    Sponsored by Stagg Cycles :o

Has jimmy still got his ginger Mane, haven't seen him in yonks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Poor deer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

secman wrote: »
    Has jimmy still got his ginger Mane, haven't seen him in yonks.

Saw him this afternoon, yes he does.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Bolocks the way the Park is fine to race a tri bike through but not a bike race :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

RobFowl wrote: »
    Bolocks the way the Park is fine to race a tri bike through but not a bike race :(

Spot on.

And that picture is misleading. The triathlete fell over all on his own and the deer had to jump to avoid him!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i nearly got clattered by a deer on the same road once, in the dark. that was a bracing experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I'm actually surprised it doesn't happen more in the mountains, especially with the hits and near misses they have with cars. Now the daylight is shorter, definitely more deer around at training/ spin times anyway - was 8 or 9 in the front garden yesterday morning before I headed to work, and hearing more beeps from cars in the evening time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Glad I was wearing my antlers, I swear if it was winter that tri-dork would have split me wide open.

Antlers save lives me deers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

One of the pics shows a bloke with a TT helmet looking back - I think the deer missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

a number of issues with this, did the deer swap insurance details with the cyclist or did it leave the scene before the guards arrived!

was the cyclist not trained in deeravoidence classes in school as a child?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

It was a stag. He didn't stop, probably because he'd had a few deers earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

T5RULg.jpg

RobFowl wrote: »
    when did this change? i remember the ras criterium being held there about ten or fifteen years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

A friend had a deer run into his car a few years ago. Both were written off.

Would the cyclist be able to claim off the OPW?

i was told that if you hit a deer in the park, you're legally at fault. not sure what the situation is if the deer runs into you.
    must ask my brother; he was once a passenger in a car travelling on the outside of the park, and a deer jumped over the wall and landed on the side of the car. he may know how that panned out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

when did this change? i remember the ras criterium being held there about ten or fifteen years ago.

How about the Tour De France....

http://www.dun-laoghaire.com/events/tourdefr2.html

Advertisement