Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDCP Error - XboxOneS

• 29-08-2016 3:54pm

Anyone else getting this error when trying to watch 4k blu ray.

Disc Stopped. Make sure that your TV's HDMI input supports HDCP rights management. If not, try plugging your console into a different TV input.

Any help on this please..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Anyone else getting this error when trying to watch 4k blu ray.

Disc Stopped. Make sure that your TV's HDMI input supports HDCP rights management. If not, try plugging your console into a different TV input.

Any help on this please..

Have you checked that your TV and HDMI cable support HDCP?

Yes it was working yesterday but not today so going to send tv back I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Yes it was working yesterday but not today so going to send tv back I think.
    Are you in the xbox preview program by any chance? Preview builds tend to break things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

Our old TV does exactly the same with our Sky HD box. The trick is to turn one on before the other, and for the life of me, I can't remember which. Pretty sure it is sky box before TV, so try your new XB before the tv.

Thanks guys tried all the above. I have contacted amazon and packed tv up will be sending it back tomorrow and be the last lg tv I will buy..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

why are you so convinced it's the tv? hdcp error could as easily be the xbox

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

mossym wrote: »
    why are you so convinced it's the tv? hdcp error could as easily be the xbox

Indeed, it could be the TV, the Xbox, or even the HDMI cable itself. After looking around a tiny bit, I can see that LG tvs apparently do have a reputation for HDCP problems, which I didn't know about.

From my quick cursory glance around, it could be anything from only one HDMI port on the tv supports HDCP, to the tv requiring a firmware update.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Indeed, it could be the TV, the Xbox, or even the HDMI cable itself. After looking around a tiny bit, I can see that LG tvs apparently do have a reputation for HDCP problems, which I didn't know about.

From my quick cursory glance around, it could be anything from only one HDMI port on the tv supports HDCP, to the tv requiring a firmware update.

I did try it on another lg tv and it worked fine so I sent the tv back to amazon and ordered a panasonic tv instead.

Advertisement