Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing in and around swords

• 29-08-2016 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, I was just curious if anyone knows any boxing classes (Not boxersize) in and around swords? Don't wanna have to travel too far mind you.

Did a spot of kickboxing a few years ago but wanna get back into fighting by doing boxing instead of kickboxing. So im rusty but can learn it fast enough.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Heya,

You might have better luck asking in the boxing forum (Link)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Rush Boxing Club under Paul Cowzer is enjoying some great successes.. You can take the number 33 bus from Swords to right outside the door of the club.

Highly regarded and recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

33 bus and it stops outside the club, you're welcome to come try a class and see if it's for you.
    Premises is Rush Fight Academy
    Paul

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ConorSmartt

cowzerp wrote: »
    33 bus and it stops outside the club, you're welcome to come try a class and see if it's for you.
    Premises is Rush Fight Academy
    Paul

Hey, cheers for the info! Hadnt of thought of Rush. I can drive but the distance was just for handiness. Is it traning from any level and do you focus on competition or just fitness etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pearsquasher

In Bujinkan we box ...and kick.... around swords, sticks, knives etc - its not a mixed martial arts its just an art that was never "unmixed" in the first place :p

Oh you mean Swords

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭cletus

Hey pearsquasher, since you bring up bujinkan, you never responded to the last thread where a guy posted a video of some compliant training thing and asked if it was what you were doing...so...is it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pearsquasher

cletus wrote: »
    Hey pearsquasher, since you bring up bujinkan, you never responded to the last thread where a guy posted a video of some compliant training thing and asked if it was what you were doing...so...is it

You lost me - new thread or link to it. I was been "punny" on this one... lets not hijack it completely!

https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2057632978?fuid=0

Here you go. We can always take it up back in that thread, but there's so little activity in here these days, I can't see anybody being too worried about getting off topic :D

https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2057632978?fuid=0

Here you go. We can always take it up back in that thread, but there's so little activity in here these days, I can't see anybody being too worried about getting off topic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Is it traning from any level and do you focus on competition or just fitness etc?

RFA cater for all levels, including complete beginners. And they've competitors as well has the casual club member training towards their own goals.

Drop out, speak to Paul and give it a go. You won't be pushed into doing anything you don't want to do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement