Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman Vichy

Options
  • 29-08-2016 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was just looking at the results there and saw that James Curran went sub 9 yesterday. Serious bike & run splits - 4:40 and 3:00 flat. What club is he with? Savage going.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

also saw at vichy that one of the female pro's got DQ'd for wearing a swimskin over her trisuit in the non wetsuit swim, apparently there is a french rule that says:
    In case it is forbidden to swim in a wet-suit, the athletes may only wear a swim suit with FINA certification. Wearing more than one swim suit is forbidden.

Originally from: http://eu.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman/vichy/athletes/reglement.aspx#ixzz4IjoKxK88

this only applies in france but worth bearing in mind for anyone looking at an IM or 70.3 in france

pgibbo wrote: »
    I was just looking at the results there and saw that James Curran went sub 9 yesterday. Serious bike & run splits - 4:40 and 3:00 flat. What club is he with? Savage going.

presumably the same fella
    Cork runner James Curran, a former member of St.Finbarrs AC and Cork Tri Club won the Okanagan Marathon in Kelowna, British Columbia in western Canada. Having moved to Canada just a few months ago, James won the race in 2:44:54, some 3 minutes or so ahead of his nearest rival.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

I wonder was she dq'ed for the swim skin. I think some of the older model blue seventy are on the ban list because of the fabric they are made of. Would have thought most pros would have worn a skin over their tri suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

One James Curran won his AG at Ironman Maastricht only a few weeks ago. It has to be the same guy. Serious going. Chapeau.

joey100 wrote: »
    I wonder was she dq'ed for the swim skin. I think some of the older model blue seventy are on the ban list because of the fabric they are made of. Would have thought most pros would have worn a skin over their tri suit?

from what i read, it wasn't just her that got a dq, but it seems to have been pretty random. i don't think it was the type suit, it was the fact she wore two, if she had just worn an FINA approved skin suit and no tri suit it would have been okay. the suit you mentioned joey might not be FINA approved so not allowed even on it's own

• Advertisement
Advertisement