Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dryer malfunction

Options
  • 29-08-2016 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Hi,

I have an issue with a dryer I bought 3 weeks ago from a local independent retailer. The dryer works but the timer dial on it doesn't move, so regardless whether you set it for 20 min, 30 min, 40 min it will just keep going until you open the door to stop it.

I registered the machine with the manufacturer as soon as I received so it's covered by warranty for parts & repairs. But I'm really p****d about it because, well it's brand new first of all, but mostly because getting the old machine out and the new one in was awkward as hell. I won't go into the details, it's just floor tiles and the counter top in my storage room make it difficult. If I get a service call I'm going to have to pull it out again for access.

What I'm looking for advice on is whether I should call the manufacturer and report the fault and arrange a service call, or can I contact the retailer and basically reject the thing, given that it's so new? What is the time limitation for doing that? Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Your contract is with the retailer and you don't have the option to reject it. The retailer has to either refund replace or repair, you have to come to agreement between yourselves. The awkward installation is your problem not their's as all units are designed for the same size,your location is the wrong size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just call the retailer first.

Advertisement