Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish LC for Primary Teaching:The Institute of Education or Ashfield College

Options
  • 29-08-2016 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,

I am planning to take the Honours Irish Leaving Cert exam next year in order to apply to Hibernia for primary school teaching and am currently deciding between a course in The Institute of Education or in Ashfield College.

I have been looking for reviews on both courses but can't find much information. Has anyone done either of these courses? Would you recommend either of them?

Any other advice for doing the exam is also very welcome thanks as I originally sat the exam 10 years ago so it's a daunting thought!

Niamh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭pandoraj09

PM sent

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you want a northside (and substantially cheaper, with longer teaching hours) alternative, Plunket College's night class has a high rate of success for people doing Irish for Primary teaching.

€360
    Mondays 7-10pm.
    Enrolments Sept 5 and 6 (7pm - 9 pm).

• Registered Users Posts: 7 carod3103

Hi, did you ever get info on which course is best? I am thinking of the same for a Sept start :)

Advertisement