Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motions/ nominations for ICU agm

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bombadil10

The AGM was a quick, civil, efficient and to-the-point affair. John Alfred withdrew his candidacy and so there were no elections for positions. All motions were passed, as far as I'm aware, along with all officer reports bar the treasurer's accounts, which were found wanting and not adopted.

Congratulations to Killian Delaney, who added the Blitz Championship title to his belt after yesterday's victory in the rapid. Killian won the blitz in an impressive fashion with a perfect score of 9/9, a full point clear of the rest of the field, with Alex Lopez in second (8/9) and Conor O'Donnell in 3rd (7/9).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Tychoo

"Game on boy's" more elaboration there my friend. It interest me what u have to say. Perhaps there is a darkside to Irish Chesssssss...........

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bombadil10

*mod snip*

On a less entertaining but actually serious and relevant note I do have high hopes for this year's EC, if the plans revealed at the AGM were a flavour of things to come. Blitz and rapid rating lists and provisional membership should really increase the numbers playing chess, in Dublin at least where the concentration of ICU members is at its highest, and I believe something was mentioned about providing aid to people hoping to set up chess clubs in towns where there are none - thought I could be wrong on this point. Anyone have further information on this? I believe it was referred to as a "development fund" or something of that ilk at the AGM.

Advertisement