Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know about Lohans?

Options
  • 29-08-2016 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Don't know about ye but I am missing Lohans for breakfast!Staff were so nice but I have a feeling the owner wasn't exactly business owner of the year and thats why receivers got involved maybe?Anybody know whats happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

i heard the O Rielly family have bought it back

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dellieman11

Heard that but it's closed so long now. I was in there the week they closed and they were under the impression it would reopen quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The building was sold, the Lohan's retired. I've not heard anything about a receiver being involved. Not sure why the new owner hasn't reopened at initially planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭jh79

Original owners bought it back and are to open a bbq restaurant.

Receivers definetly sold the building,I know that for sure.Wonder will they be open during the day again?They did a good breakfast trade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Due to open in Nov or Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Pitboy3000

Seems crazy to me to have been closed for almost half the summer..

The Bal .. can't see that lasting.. only doing food 3 days a week now I hear

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Receivers definetly sold the building,I know that for sure.Wonder will they be open during the day again?They did a good breakfast trade

Link?

It does seem very strange that the new owner chose not to trade during summer. Yes, there's Christmas bookings from November, but they're hardly enough to sustain the business. And walking past, I don't see any sign of renovations starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Pitboy3000 wrote: »
    Seems crazy to me to have been closed for almost half the summer..

Any views on the new frontage on the Bal, as opposed to the traditional frontage there for years?

All that glass and steel? A modern architectural showpiece, but does it bring in customers - or does it put off old customers?

• Advertisement

Have no link for the information.I was told by a member of staff a few weeks ago.All kept hush hush at the time.I know the place was a dead loss in the evenings but trade in the morning was good

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is a lot of hearsay (you heard/I heard) in this thread.
    Best contribution so far is beardybrewer that had some actual info.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

nuac wrote: »
    Any views on the new frontage on the Bal, as opposed to the traditional frontage there for years?

All that glass and steel? A modern architectural showpiece, but does it bring in customers - or does it put off old customers?

It's a monstrosity. The Bal and to a larger extent Bailey Point are testament to how poor our planning system is. They should be razed to the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    It's a monstrosity. The Bal and to a larger extent Bailey Point are testament to how poor our planning system is. They should be razed to the ground.

Agreed. Salthill has come on hugely in recent years and I love going there but some of the buildings are terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Pitboy3000 wrote: »

Do you happen to know which 3 days? In recent weeks food was unavailable on a Wednesday and a Friday and on a Sunday there was a wait of an hour while the chef was called in from home! Crazy way to run a new business and won't help them build a reputation. It's a shame as the food was very nice when it was served.

Advertisement