Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much to spend on tyres?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

bazz26 wrote: »
    My fur coat no knickers comment was within the context of this thread (excuse the pun) about cheap tyres. A proper tyre for my " prestigious car" as you put it, still costs around €200 irrespective of whether it has 4, 6 or 8 cylinders. Yes I'm sure I could find some ditchfinders for €80 or €90 but I knew proper tyres for the car cost money. Again this is all within the context of the thread.

And your fur coat no knickers comment was completely valid about buying a prestigious car and putting cheap tyres on it. I didn't question that?

My comment was tongue in cheek that buying a €50k and getting the smallest engine available/4 cylinder diesel is also the definition of fur coat no knickers. unless you think otherwise? :p

I'm in Portugal at the moment. If you were living here and driving an ole supermini you could nearly get away with brutal cheap tyres most of the year.

They have no place on cars driving in wet parts if the world like Ireland IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

sellasheep wrote: »
    Had 4 new tyres fitted to my Mondeo today at a cost of 55 each. I do 25km a year. 15 inch tyres that is. Is it possible I spent too little and should have perhaps went for a more expensive tyre?
    As much as possible,for a reliable tyre

Advertisement