Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sam Beam (Iron&Wine) and Jesca Hoop Olympia tomorrow

Options
  • 29-08-2016 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

This should be great, they released an album together a few months ago, well worth a listen.
    Still good seats in the circle available.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Big mac and fries

WOW, what a show. Although I knew very little of the material, I loved every minute of it, their voices work so well together and as always the sound in the Olympia was great. Their interactions with each other and the crowd were a good laugh. I couldn't believe that it was 11 when they went off the first time.

Can anyone fill me in on what happened to the support act, I overheard two different people saying how sorry they felt for her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

WOW, what a show. Although I knew very little of the material, I loved every minute of it, their voices work so well together and as always the sound in the Olympia was great. Their interactions with each other and the crowd were a good laugh. I couldn't believe that it was 11 when they went off the first time.

Can anyone fill me in on what happened to the support act, I overheard two different people saying how sorry they felt for her

Great show all right. Played almost 2 hrs without a break. We gave them the bike balls/heart light before the encore.
    Missed support act, maybe it was a tiny crowd for her?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭HemmingSay

I caught the last two songs of the support act and it was shockingly bad - like jarring miss strummed chord changes on guitar and perhaps some forgotten lyrics. The stall seats seemed fairly full, not packed out but definitely not empty. Not sure if she was just stage struck, not used to solo gigs or something else had happened.

The main show was fantastic though, great performance by two people who compliment each other greatly and seem to genuinely love what they're doing.

Live in session on BBC radio 6 now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I was there for the support act. She kept messing up the songs having to stop and start again or abandon and go to next one, crying an all. Was pretty tough to watch.

• Advertisement

I was there for the support act. She kept messing up the songs having to stop and start again or abandon and go to next one, crying an all. Was pretty tough to watch.
    I think she's singer with heartless Baxtards, maybe not used to doing solo gigs.

Advertisement