Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Millar

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

terrydel wrote: »
    Rugby is the worst of the lot in my view.

Perhaps, but in order for cycling to move on and leave its past behind, the attitude of "other sports are just as bad, etc. etc." is not the solution. Until it becomes taboo within the sport to cheat then efforts to eradicate doping are just window dressing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

EC1000 wrote: »
    Perhaps, but in order for cycling to move on and leave its past behind, the attitude of "other sports are just as bad, etc. etc." is not the solution. Until it becomes taboo within the sport to cheat then efforts to eradicate doping are just window dressing.

Its taboo among the fans, and even then, not as many as I would have thought. Other sports are to a point comical in that if you suggest doping it is met with confusion, accusations of lies and shunning of the accuser. The simple fact of the matter is that despite my disgust with it, its not going away and anti doping is just punishment for the stupid at professional level. Until there is a clear out at the top and someone who is resistant to bribes is put in charge, then nothing will change.

At this point, I am not sure I care anymore. WADA and their ilk have shown they are nothing more than a stage front to appease the more vocal detractors.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

Millar lost the election

by a lot

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

1bryan wrote: »
    Millar lost the election

by a lot

Probably someone else's fault

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

His emotionally absent father?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Millar is a plonker ..no doubt

Plus he blocked me on twiiter and all I said was could he please stop salivating about the SKY train and how many riders are left in the train every few minutes on iTV coverage

and he blocked me ....geez :rolleyes:

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Millar is a plonker ..no doubt

Plus he blocked me on twiiter and all I said was could he please stop salivating about the SKY train and how many riders are left in the train every few minutes on iTV coverage

and he blocked me ....geez :rolleyes:

I'm surprised he didn't try and ring you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

EC1000 wrote: »

Totally agree, I would be as big an opponent you will find of the whataboutery attitude amongst cycling fans

That's a great shop.

Yes it is. Rented a bike from them a few years back, they are simply superb to deal with. You won't find better.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

I'm presuming that's sarcasm from him. I wonder who he'd be happy with then?

I'm presuming that's sarcasm from him. I wonder who he'd be happy with then?

I think there is no reason to assume sarcasm. Or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

I think there is no reason to assume sarcasm. Or am I missing something?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but the Allcaps and the stilted tone 'I AM COOL WITH...' seems suss to me anyway. Have tended to avoid him but I'd say that part of his shtick would be that Valverde is irredeemable (as opposed to himself of course, who repented).

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

I really don't think Millar ever repented - he admitted to taking EPO because they found it in his flat but of course he never took it in France

cried like a baby in front of a judge after they arrested him but never told the full story - only told the bare minimum because he was faced with jail time

Andalucia wrote: »
    I really don't think Millar ever repented - he admitted to taking EPO because they found it in his flat but of course he never took it in France

cried like a baby in front of a judge after they arrested him but never told the full story - only told the bare minimum because he was faced with jail time

he told the judge he carried a syringe with him everywhere to remind him of the dark days.

I remember LOL'ing when I heard that.

he told the judge he carried a syringe with him everywhere to remind him of the dark days.

I remember LOL'ing when I heard that.

I may have already said it but hes one pretentious, phoney twat of epic proportions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭py

His book, Racing Through the Dark: The Fall and Rise of David Millar, is a 99p kindle daily deal today: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0053YQDIG/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

py wrote: »
    His book, Racing Through the Dark: The Fall and Rise of David Millar, is a 99p kindle daily deal today: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0053YQDIG/
    Save your pound. One of the few cycling books I've never picked up again after finishing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I never even started it! Got the Kindle version under a similar daily deal a couple of years ago and it's never been looked at.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Bought it, read it, thought it was dull and one of the lesser sports books I've read. Gave it away for free.

Advertisement