Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake tan staining all my clothes!

Options
  • 29-08-2016 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

I use Cocoa Brown religiously, it works really well on me. I love how quick it is to develop and I've never had any problems with streaking, it looks so natural on me and that is why I always use it.

However, all my clothes and underwear are absolutely destroyed. My favourite white Ultimo bra is just ruined and the stains don't completely wash out.

I am going to a wedding next month and wearing a very sheer shell-pink dress, which cost quite a lot of money and I don't want it to get destroyed too.

Is there anything I can do to prevent the staining or are there any other tans which don't do that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,759 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Well, obviously don't wear any whites/light colours until you've washed off the top layer of tan.

After that, one wear max of a white bra when you've tan on, even if you've showered the top layer off. Then, every time you do a white wash, put a scoop of oxy stain remover AND a colour catcher in with it. I used to think it was pointless putting a colour catcher into an all-white wash until I saw the colour of it when it came out the first time I used one.

For any particularly stubborn stains, pre-treat with a stain spray or stick before washing.

All of this won't resurrect your clothes/undies if they're completely stained though. Bin them, replace and start from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Thanks Dial Hard of course I always rinse off the guide colour but I still think it's unreal the amount of fake tan stains end up on my clothes. Going to get some Colour Catcher next time I'm in town

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I recently tried B Bold smart mousse. It develops AFTER you wash it off, you apply it and leave it an hour for a light tan, two for a medium one and three for a deeper shade. I left it 90 minutes, then re-showered and went to bed.

In the morning the colour was absolutely flawless and there was none of the usual destruction of pyjamas and bed linen. As the days went on it faded nicely but did rub off a little on bras so as Dial Hard said, obviously only one wear max per item. It also rubbed off a little on my towels which are all light in colour but nothing that a little Vanish in the white wash couldn't handle.

It's definitely been the least messy tan I've used to date, and the fact that it looked so good is also marvellous :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

A girl I work with told me about a brilliant prewash spray in Lidl thats really good for whites that have got tan on then. They don't always have it (theres another one in the range, but you specifically want the one for whites).

I bought it on her recommendation and its also gotten red wine from a white shirt as well as other stains.

I don't know what brand of tan she wears, but she wears a fair amount of it but her white clothes always look great and she swears its all down to this Lidl spray.

Also, I'd invest in a nude coloured bra, it will just make your life easier.

Advertisement