Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from AH

Options
  • 29-08-2016 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I was banned from AH about five months ago for sharing a video in regards to down syndrome people. I guess the first impression was that I was mocking people with that condition, but you must understand that this video has over two millions hits on YouTube - and that's just that video. There's many other identical videos which also have many, many views. It's a very popular video.

Given its popularity, this is a video which will have been shared on social media time and time again, and not everybody who shares it, or uses the catchphrase, is mocking the disabled - and I absolutely wasn't. Why have I waited so long to appeal? Frankly I didn't care at the time, but I kind of do now because 1) I miss wasting boring days on AH in and out of work and 2) I've got vague plans to write a book one day and I'd like to delete some posts on AH; anecdotes which I want to re-write without knowing the very first drafts are still on this forum.

If this appeal is denied I would request temporary re-access just to find and delete some posts because this is quite important to me. (I can't view my old posts at the moment).

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Just to clarify, you can log out of boards and search all you need to find your old posts in that forum. Secondly, when you find them, you can't delete them, only moderators and above can. This is in the site terms and conditions.

My apologies to the DRP mods for butting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

That's weird. I thought I could remember there being a 'delete' option when you got into 'edit'? But I've just checked and there isn't so I dunno.

I'll do that re: logging out and looking up posts that way. When I do, will the mods also edit other people's posts? Because it's pointless deleting my post if that post has been quoted a bunch of times - the content is still online.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

When you post, you have 48hrs to edit or delete content. In general, boards (and by extension mods) will only delete / edit posts after that to remove personally identifying information or similar.

After that, if you want something removed, you need to report the post / contact an admin / contact the office - hello@boards.ie.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Thanks for the info Steve.

Hammer, if you still want to appeal could you forward on the pm exchange that you had with the mod who banned you where you attempted to resolve the issue as per the first step in the appeal process.

I've just forwarded you the exchange. As you'll see, I didn't try to resolve the issue - I just wanted your man who banned me to know that I didn't have mean or horrible intentions when I made the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Ok thx. Could you reengage with the relevant mod to see if you can resolve the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hammer89 - there are 2 issues here...
    1 - Your permaban from AH. This will be dealt with by Pawwed Rig as the CMod responsible for that forum.
    2 - Request for deletion of posts from AH. You may PM me links to the posts that you would like deleted & I will review separately.

tHB

Hi Hammer

Just wanted to check in to see if there has been any progress/resolution here?

Hi mate,

I thought the decision was back with you. I know you said to contact the fella who banned me, but before I could do that, I read Hillbilly's post where he said you'd be deailng with the issue, so I just presumed you had decided against it.

If that's not the case and I should still go ahead with contacting your man then let me know. Sorry for confusion.

Cheers.

Yes please contact the mod

• Advertisement

This has been resolved. Thanks.

Hillbilly - I will be in touch regarding posts I want removed. This wasn't BS.

Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement