If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a smart TV 43 - 49"

Options
  • 29-08-2016 9:12pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi I am looking for a smart TV with the following specification:
    • Optical output for sound (Toslink) for connection to Bose sound system (I already have this)
    • Minimum of 3 HDMI inputs at the back of the TV
    • Built in Freesat or Freeview and Saorview tuners
    • Netflix
    • Built in LAN connection (I prefer this to wifi, network point installed)
    • 1080P backlit LED
    • Excellent picture quality

Sound quality is not important as the Bose unit will be used. 

Budget €500

Can go a bit higher for the right TV. 
    Ex-display or open box would be acceptable. 

Ideally the TV would be 47" but anything between 43 and 49" would be considered. 

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

2011 wrote: »
    Hi I am looking for a smart TV with the following specification:
    • Optical output for sound (Toslink) for connection to Bose sound system (I already have this)
    • Minimum of 3 HDMI inputs at the back of the TV
    • Built in Freesat or Freeview and Saorview tuners
    • Netflix
    • Built in LAN connection (I prefer this to wifi, network point installed)
    • 1080P backlit LED
    • Excellent picture quality

[*]

Sound quality is not important as the Bose unit will be used. 

Budget €500

Can go a bit higher for the right TV. 
    Ex-display or open box would be acceptable. 

Ideally the TV would be 47" but anything between 43 and 49" would be considered. 

Thanks
    [*]
    Hi 2011,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you.

I would probably recommend the Sony KDL43WD751 based on your requirements:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/sony/bravia-kdl43wd751/sony-kdl43wd751bu

It is slightly more than your budget (569.99 Euro) but is definitely one of the best for picture and features at that size and price before going to 4K. Have a look and let me know what you think.

Kind Regards

David

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Thanks, looks like a good TV. 
    I will get back to you shortly. 

What options if I wanted to go a bit bigger ? 
    Any open box / ex-display deals ?

Thanks. 

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Hi guys, any update?

Thanks

Hi guys, any update?

Thanks
    Hi 2011,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. The only open box TVs I would have at the minute would be large premium TVs or small budget TVs. That Sony is available in a 49" as well. You would be looking 679 Euro for that one. There is also a 49 inch Samsung available:

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202092-ue49k5500.aspx

This TV is a little bit cheaper at 599 Euro but wouldn't have as good a picture as the Sony.

I hope this information has been useful.

Many thanks

David

Thanks for the reply. 

It's for my sister. She will buy one or the other. 
    I will get her to ring you during the week. 

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply. 

It's for my sister. She will buy one or the other. 
    I will get her to ring you during the week. 
    No problem, just ask for myself.

David

When we went to purchase this we were told that this only has 2 HDMI inputs. As per my first post we require 3. Can you offer a TV that matches the required specifications? Thanks

When we went to purchase this we were told that this only has 2 HDMI inputs. As per my first post we require 3. Can you offer a TV that matches the required specifications? Thanks
    Hi 2011,

Apologies about that! Last years model had three and I assumed this years did as well! Apologies for the inconvenience. As per our phonecall I'll check on other models and see what I can find.

David

Thanks, very much appreciated. 

Any update on this? 
    The evenings are long without a TV! 
    We are keen to do a deal with you :) 

• Advertisement

Any update on this? 
    The evenings are long without a TV! 
    We are keen to do a deal with you :) 
    Hi 2011.

Apologies its been crazy at this end.

There are very few other 43" screens. Samsung and Pana drop to a 40.

Sony also do the 43W805 but your up to around 649.99 euro with 4 HDMI.
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201395-bravia-kdl43w805cbu.aspx

There is still also the 49" Samsung mentioned above.

I do actually have one of the following which is Ex-display, 43LH604 @ 499.99 Euro (Inc 6 year guarantee).
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201910-43lh604v.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab

This has been changed to an in-store only collection due to the price drop but I could delivery this one for £6.99 to try and help you out with the lack of TV.

I have seen a 43LH604V-ZB and 43LH590V-ZD (both LG). What is the difference with the LG you are offering ?

Thanks. 

Hi 2011,

Again apologies for the delay getting back to you. I was off yesterday and it has been madness in store! Those LG TVs are good too! The LH604 is a much better TV for all the difference in price. It (definitely) has 3 HDMI ports as well as an updated smart hub and a much faster motion processing rate at 900PMI (I believe the other was around 200PMI).

It would be on par with the Sony at that size.

Let me know what you think.

Many thanks

David

Many thanks, will be in touch shortly. 

Many thanks, will be in touch shortly. 
    No problem 2011.

Deal done! 
    Thanks, it was a pleasure doing business with you (again)

Deal done! 
    Thanks, it was a pleasure doing business with you (again)
    No worries if we can help with anything else let us know :)

Regards Stephen

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.