Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accepting Round 2 Offer While In College

Options
  • 29-08-2016 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Serious question here. I'm going to be starting in NUIG this week, but I have a CAO Round 2 offer for Limerick IT. I'd like to transfer to LIT if I get the offer on Thursday, but if I don't I'll stick with Galway. What I'd like to know is the implications of changing course at the end of the first week. Will I be ineligible for the SUSI grant and for free fees if I do this? Also can I drop out without registering?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭galwaynative

Serious question here. I'm going to be starting in NUIG this week, but I have a CAO Round 2 offer for Limerick IT. I'd like to transfer to LIT if I get the offer on Thursday, but if I don't I'll stick with Galway. What I'd like to know is the implications of changing course at the end of the first week. Will I be ineligible for the SUSI grant and for free fees if I do this? Also can I drop out without registering?

If you get a round 2 offer and accept via cao they inform the round one college and the new college of the change. The new college will then contact you about registration.
    I would contact SUSI to find out what you need to do if changing course. would imagine award of Grant should be unaffected unless there is a maintenance element that is dependent on distance from college and LIT brings you under the milage threshold for non adjacent grant. A quick e mail (or fb query) to susi should answer any questions.
    Getting accommodation is something else you need to consider!
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Warped Hyperdriver

Thank you, but I'll have to go through 2 days of orientation at NUIG before the Round 2 offers come out. Can I in the meantime postpone my registration?

Advertisement