Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football boots advise

• 29-08-2016 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi i've been out of the action for a few years and getting back into playing with a team again.

I'm wondering what type of boots is best to get now? Would soft ground boots be fine to play with from now until after Spring? I seen firm ground boots seem to be the most popular on all the sports sites such as sports direct etc so hopefully i'm on the ball with SG boots for now.

Also could anyone recommend a decent pair of boots less at a reasonable price if possible? I was looking at the Adidas Ace 16.2 on SD for 66 euro down from 132 and seems a decent price. Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

Make sure they are pretty.
    You gotta fabulous out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

enzo roco wrote: »
    Make sure they are pretty.
    You gotta fabulous out there.

Thanks for your input. Really helpful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

I use SG in the rain , FG in the dry :)

Depends on your position too IMO :) Want something tough and durable if defending and something light and sturdy for attacking .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Ideally you'd want two pairs, SG and FG. FG is fine for now but once the pitches start to get wet and mucky you'll struggle to get grip. If you must only get one pair I'd get round moulded FG studs like on the Adidas Ace boots as they are reasonable in the mucky pitches in my experience. After that it depends what you're after, I've synthetic boots for the moment, Nike Superflys in FG and Nike Magista Obra in SG. As much as I like them they're definitely not worth the €300 or so they cost new, I got both at different times in sales from Nike.com for around €170.

If you're on a budget I'd get last years models, they're usually on sale for around €100. Get leather boots if you want to be fairly sure of durability but they do need to be well minded to last. Nike Tiempo Legends or Adidas Ace 15.1s are around €100 now and should last. Personally I don't believe it makes a blind bit of difference what position you play, boots are boots and make no difference to your touch or tackling or passing its really comfort is what you want to be sure of.

Ideally you'd want two pairs, SG and FG. FG is fine for now but once the pitches start to get wet and mucky you'll struggle to get grip. If you must only get one pair I'd get round moulded FG studs like on the Adidas Ace boots as they are reasonable in the mucky pitches in my experience. After that it depends what you're after, I've synthetic boots for the moment, Nike Superflys in FG and Nike Magista Obra in SG. As much as I like them they're definitely not worth the €300 or so they cost new, I got both at different times in sales from Nike.com for around €170.

If you're on a budget I'd get last years models, they're usually on sale for around €100. Get leather boots if you want to be fairly sure of durability but they do need to be well minded to last. Nike Tiempo Legends or Adidas Ace 15.1s are around €100 now and should last. Personally I don't believe it makes a blind bit of difference what position you play, boots are boots and make no difference to your touch or tackling or passing its really comfort is what you want to be sure of.

Thanks for both your guys' help. I appreciate it a lot. Would i get away with soft ground boots for now until around Spring do you think? Or do you think I should go for moulded FG adidas Ace's and hope they should be good from now until after Spring? i'd ideally only want to get one pair of boots as I have around a 100 euro budget so I don't think i'd have a budget for a SG & a FG pair.. Don't care if they're new or old models , only if they are good! Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

I used to buy those blade type boots and they worked fine in both conditions, obviously if ground is very hard it can be a little uncomfortable but that is not very often in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

united2k11 wrote: »
    Thanks for both your guys' help. I appreciate it a lot. Would i get away with soft ground boots for now until around Spring do you think? Or do you think I should go for moulded FG adidas Ace's and hope they should be good from now until after Spring? i'd ideally only want to get one pair of boots as I have around a 100 euro budget so I don't think i'd have a budget for a SG & a FG pair.. Don't care if they're new or old models , only if they are good! Thank you!

The adidas X 15.1 are available in soft ground and come with an extra set of plastic studs that you can use on FG. Probably your best bet. The problem with the steel studs this time of year is they can catch in the ground and cause an injury if your unlucky but you'd get away with wearing them alright they just might be a bit too grippy the first few games of the season.

The adidas X 15.1 are available in soft ground and come with an extra set of plastic studs that you can use on FG. Probably your best bet. The problem with the steel studs this time of year is they can catch in the ground and cause an injury if your unlucky but you'd get away with wearing them alright they just might be a bit too grippy the first few games of the season.

Thanks a million. Will definitely look into them. Seems ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

2 pairs of Copa Mundials

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

I bought these because they were cheap enough and I love them. look nice too!
    http://ie.sportsdirect.com/adidas-kaiser-liga-fg-mens-football-boots-203012?colcode=20301201

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

inforfun wrote: »
    2 pairs of Copa Mundials

Don't you mean 1 copa mundials and 1 World Cup?

Don't think you can get copas with anything other then mouldy studs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Probably.
    Been a while since i bought my last pair :(

I am too old for that ****....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

inforfun wrote: »
    Probably.
    Been a while since i bought my last pair :(

I am too old for that ****....

Ha ha ya the world cups and copas look the same but the copas have mouldys and the world cups have studs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Don't you mean 1 copa mundials and 1 World Cup?

Don't think you can get copas with anything other then mouldy studs

cant beat that kangaroo leather...

Advertisement