Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angel Olsen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Must check it out. I really enjoyed Burn Your Fire, very varied album and it didn't have a bad song on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭mosstin

Her new album My Woman is being released on September 2nd. I really enjoyed her last album Burn Your Fire for No Witness, and the singles released from My Woman so far have me excited for it.

She has a pretty remarkable voice. 'Burn Your Fire' was very good overall. She doesn't seem to be playing any Irish dates on her tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I've listened to the album a few times now. I'm not totally sold on it - I'm baffled that it's getting all the praise that it is. I think Burn Your Fire... is far superior. It is, broadly speaking, good, but, so far, a lot of it isn't really grabbing me.I do think Shut up and Kiss Me is excellent. It has a vibrancy and hookiness to it that a lot of the other songs lack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭mosstin

I'm pretty much the same. Often happens though - an artist releases a brilliant record just prior to the breakthrough album, whatever the hell that is. I think that I've warmed to the record much more in the last week but it is nowhere near as good as Burn Your Fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MaxwellsHammer

Angel Olsen in Cork Opera House now on sale.

https://www.corkoperahouse.ie/event/angel-olsen/2017-05-20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

I got tickets for her Vicar St gig.

Cannot wait.

Advertisement