Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any experience of VTOS - working in or interviewing for?

Options
  • 29-08-2016 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

I have an interview on Thursday for a job in a VTOS and am wondering if anyone could tell me about their experiences working in a VTOS, what are the differences and similarities to working in a secondary school?

Anyone any experiences in interviewing for a job in a VTOS, what did they look for in the interview etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ustazjoseph

I've spent a while in vtos. I'd look for a colleague who is mature, reliable and self aware. They can't hide behind the role. They need to have empathy and understand where our students are coming from. Most vtos centres now offer qui courses from 3 to 6 depending on local situation as well as leaving cert. you lol have to be good at devising and delivering a solid scheme of work, be flexible and adaptable and have excellent people skills. It can be tough but you usually get to work with great people. Like for any interview relate your answers to previous experience-STAR- show your own values . Do lots of local research. Personally I hate meeting someone at interview who doesn't know anything about our programme. If I can help let me know

Advertisement