Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Secondhand cars

• 29-08-2016 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi folks,

looking at buying a used car have been on car zone and singled out a few so just looking for advice on a dealer so far the cars I like are in..

[font=Arial, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, sans-serif]Murphy & Son Car Sales[/font]
    Murphy & Sons car slaes, 55 Naas Road, Dublin 12, Dublin.

Auto Solutions, Unit 6 Park west drive, Dublin and...

Bill Griffin (of course)

Anyone got any experience with these dealers for reliability etc... thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

info13 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

looking at buying a used car have been on car zone and singled out a few so just looking for advice on a dealer so far the cars I like are in..

[font=Arial, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, sans-serif]Murphy & Son Car Sales[/font]
    Murphy & Sons car slaes, 55 Naas Road, Dublin 12, Dublin.

Auto Solutions, Unit 6 Park west drive, Dublin and...

Bill Griffin (of course)

Anyone got any experience with these dealers for reliability etc... thanks in advance!
    The third didn't get great reviews on here, search with his name and you'll see a few threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭info13

Yeah quite a mixed bag of reviews there!! :pouty:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Generally speaking, the clondalkin/naas Rd/ballymount area is where most car dealers in Dublin are. There are a good few dodgy dealers in that area.

Looking for the cheapest cars being sold by dealers isn't a wise move. Buy privately or spend more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Kings Inns or bust

Make a check with the CRO. Personally I wouldn't buy from anyone who's not been set up for a number of years. BEWARE of similar company names - that generally means (if one is wound up and another set up) the directors are a dodgey as fook.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭info13

colm_mcm not looking at the cheapest just kinda of mid range from the model I am after, just my only worry about private is getting stung more, my thinking if its a dealer I can come to them everyday if needed be...

What advice would you give buying private?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with Murphy & Son car sales ?

Advertisement