Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian Masterchef (Season 8 - UK - W)

Options
  • 29-08-2016 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Guys: 2016 version starts on W tomorrow morning. For the fanatics 60 great episodes about to get under way

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

For what it's worth, it is the strongest season in years. Very high standard.

+1 We missed season 6 and 7 and have watched 6 and are half way through 7 now since 8 ended. 8 was fantastic. I thought 6 was very good too but the standard in 7 is terrible so far bar 3 or 4 obvious final week contenders, and none of them are in the least bit likeable in that theres no one you are hoping to win.

For anyone who is going to be new to season 8 try to avoid spoilers as to who wins as it really was very enjoyable to watch and multiple people you would hope to see win.

With 6 and most of 7 behind me recent though it really did expose some of the season 8 contestants for being very one dimensional in what they cooked, it was great stuff but yeah you'll see what I mean once the dome shaped moulds come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

+1 We missed season 6 and 7 and have watched 6 and are half way through 7 now since 8 ended. 8 was fantastic. I thought 6 was very good too but the standard in 7 is terrible.

With 6 and most of 7 behind me recent though it really did expose some of the season 8 contestants for being very one dimensional in what they cooked, it was great stuff but yeah you'll see what I mean once the dome shaped moulds come out.

Where are you watching season 6 and 7? We have virgin media and only have watch channel the last couple of days. Really excited to watch season 8. I have only seen the first couple of seasons on rte but they havent shown any in the last few years. Would love to see the other seasons.

yogibear77 wrote: »
    Where are you watching season 6 and 7? We have virgin media and only have watch channel the last couple of days. Really excited to watch season 8. I have only seen the first couple of seasons on rte but they havent shown any in the last few years. Would love to see the other seasons.

I've access to an Australian VPN so watching them on Ten Player. I would recommend season 6 for sure, as I said though 7 not so much so far.

Oh! Thanks for that. Was hoping maybe old seasens were being repeated somewhere.

• Advertisement

One thing you notice watching 3 seasons out of order is rule changes to immunity challenges. Season 6 the guest chef got to pick the pantry and both had 60 minutes , 7 amateur picked pantry and had 75 minutes, 8 same but guest chef didn't see the choice.

Also in 6 they had way more help in a pressure test, those on the balcony had a copy of the recipe and talked them through it a lot of the time.

Intetesting! So far I had noriced little changes. Havent seen enough to see those cjanges yet. Does it work? Sometimes when they start messing around they ruin it.

Was surprised in the first elimination how much the judges were helping the contestents. They were giving big hints as to what was missing from the dishes. I liked it.

yogibear77 wrote: »
    Intetesting! So far I had noriced little changes. Havent seen enough to see those cjanges yet. Does it work? Sometimes when they start messing around they ruin it.

Was surprised in the first elimination how much the judges were helping the contestents. They were giving big hints as to what was missing from the dishes. I liked it.

Yeah they don't come out and say exactly what they should do but make it clear they need to do something to lift the dish.

Jez flicked back to season 5 today forgot how reality TV they got with that one, thankfully it didn't last.

Advertisement