Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a house in County Limerick

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

How does it ever take 30 Minutes to get from Raheen to the city centre. I would regularly drive it in 10 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Jofspring wrote: »
    How does it ever take 30 Minutes to get from Raheen to the city centre. I would regularly drive it in 10 minutes.

Same here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

What's it like during peak hours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

zulutango wrote: »
    What's it like during peak hours?

Raheen to town? Maybe 20 minutes drive and it would need to be very bad traffic wise on the particular day. It's rare enough I find.

I have always found (bar Corbally) you can get from anywhere in the Limerick suburbs into town in around 10-15 minutes. If traffic is extremely bad it could take 20 minutes. There are so many routes that can be taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

we have been through this process in last 2 years as we moved from city out to Croom side. all areas around Croom adare patrickwell etc are well covered. Adare carries a premium..even when the house is nearly in Ballingarry.. During our time with auctioneers we only came across one real slippery guy.. we had bid 312k on house and lost, the same house is on property register sold for 285.. I thought of making complaint but unless you do all bid in writing you don't have back up... so my only advice is when bidding if possible do it o email even to clarify what you have agreed so if you have similar issue you can let the auctioneer feel some pain even if you don't get house...

PS as it turned out it was a blessing in disguise as we bought a better house than the one we missed...but i would still have liked to put some manners on the other dude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Probably biased but Hospital is a nice commute to the city, 20 mins or so, around half the working people in the town commute to the city.

Just got connected to Eir fibre as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭air

1huge1 wrote: »
    Hospital is a nice commute to the city, 20 mins or so
    Most of the travel times being quoted in this thread are total fantasy, the above is a prime example.
    Hospital is 30km from the cc so you are claiming to average 90kph at peak travel times.
    Most of the other times quoted are similarly ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

air wrote: »
    Most of the travel times being quoted in this thread are total fantasy, the above is a prime example.
    Hospital is 30km from the cc so you are claiming to average 90kph at peak travel times.
    Most of the other times quoted are similarly ridiculous.

As a previous regular commuter of this route, I have to disagree (even if I will be nicer about it than you were).

Now of course it depends where abouts you are travelling to, but suffice to say, my experience was with Northern Trust and UL mostly.

As the attached image shows, it takes 21 mins. It depends where abouts the OP will be working, you are assuming the city centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Mungret has recently opened a fantastic new children's playground.

It will also get new primary and secondary schools in the next five years.

Close enough to the city, hospital and motorway network.

Adare will be bypassed, but that will take a while. At the moment, traffic is heavy at rush hour.

Somewhere like Kildimo or Kilcornan would be nice too. Very small, with Curraghchase Forest Park beside them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭air

As a previous regular commuter of this route, I have to disagree (even if I will be nicer about it than you were).

Now of course it depends where abouts you are travelling to, but suffice to say, my experience was with Northern Trust and UL mostly.

As the attached image shows, it takes 21 mins. It depends where abouts the OP will be working, you are assuming the city centre.

1. Northern Trust is nowhere near the city, it's 4km from the city centre, or another 7 minutes per google maps.
    Everyone else has posted times to the city centre as the OP hasn't specified where exactly he will be working. This gives the fairest comparison of various starting points for a commute.

2. The 21 minute time you have posted as well as the 7 minute additional time to the city centre that I've added, are at off peak times and assume no traffic.

Thus 40 minutes would be a more realistic average time for a commute to the city centre - so double what you're claiming.
    I was on the Ballysimon road yesterday and the inbound lane was backed up out as far as Eastway from the Childers road roundabout, I've no idea if it's this bad on a typical morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Hahaha it could take the bulk of 21 mins to get from tipp road flyover to ul (or vice versa) any day at peak time. Friday afternoon could be more than 21 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Mungret has recently opened a fantastic new children's playground.

It will also get new primary and secondary schools in the next five years.

Close enough to the city, hospital and motorway network.

Adare will be bypassed, but that will take a while. At the moment, traffic is heavy at rush hour.

Somewhere like Kildimo or Kilcornan would be nice too. Very small, with Curraghchase Forest Park beside them.

New tyre burning facility planned too though. Although caherdavin will probably see the worst of that with prevailing winds.

On the plus side, they are able to definitely say it will decrease the emissions of (harmless) CO2. However, they can't seem to say one way or another about any of the actually toxic emissions. Weird huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

mitresize5 wrote: »
    I wouldnt call Charlivelle a comfortable commuting distance from Limerick city centre. 30 minutes to Raheen and then stuck in traffic for another 30 at least.

South East Clare is nice, Ardnacrusha, O Briens Bridge, Clonlara, Truagh.

Why on earth would you try to give to the city center via Raheen.
    You simply take the exit at the cement factory( off the motorway) and you're in the dock road. It's only ever taken me 30mins tops to get to the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

I would suggest castleconnell op, your only 10 minutes from Lough derg and the hill walks out there, 10 minutes from annacotty and UL, right on the motorway also

Advertisement