Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Southpark House, Castlerea

• 30-08-2016 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Does anybody have any information about Southpark (South Park) House just outside Castlerea?

I know it was owned by the Balfe family and burnt in 1921, just wondering if any locals have any more knowledge on the history of the house or photographs etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is some info here unless you have seen it already
    http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=477122.0

• Registered Users Posts: 2 HushHistory

I had encountered that in my google searching, thanks, the woman on that forum has actually written a short but decent history of Southpark but I was interested in getting local impressions or anecdotes about the place. I wanted to see about doing an oral history project on the demesne you see but I suppose Boards is little used by the demographic who would remember the most about the estate!

Advertisement