Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance Documents

Options
  • 30-08-2016 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

I signed up to car insurance last Monday and still havent received my pack through the post, cost me a small fortune being on hold last week so not calling back to resolve this, can you please assist me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

I signed up to car insurance last Monday and still havent received my pack through the post, cost me a small fortune being on hold last week so not calling back to resolve this, can you please assist me?
    Good morning,

Thank you for contacting us here on Facebook.

We have no access to insurance documents here, if you’ve not yet received your documents it will be necessary for you to call insurance service directly on 1890290100 & a representative will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,
    Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

Hi Tara,

I just got notified by my mobile provider of calls totalling almost €20 in one day when I signed up with your insurance, this mainly due to being on hold for so long every time I call, this is not an amount that I wish to add to at this stage. Is there any other way to contact them or be contacted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi Tara,

I just got notified by my mobile provider of calls totalling almost €20 in one day when I signed up with your insurance, this mainly due to being on hold for so long every time I call, this is not an amount that I wish to add to at this stage. Is there any other way to contact them or be contacted?

Good afternoon,

Regrettably we would only have the direct dial for the insurance services team, it is necessary to call them in relation to your query.

You can contact the team on 0818200363, representatives are available Monday – Friday 9am-6pm, Saturday 10am-2pm.

Thanks,

Tara C 

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

Not much use to you for saving having to call them but I also had this last week.
    When I finally got through I was told there was a very big backlog in sending out the certificates.
    My details were reviewed and confirmed on the call that I would receive the cert the next day.

This Dublin number might be cheaper to ring: 01 2901958

Hi Tara,

Good afternoon,

Regrettably we would only have the direct dial for the insurance services team, it is necessary to call them in relation to your query.

You can contact the team on 0818200363, representatives are available Monday – Friday 9am-6pm, Saturday 10am-2pm.

Thanks,

Tara C 
    Tara,

Maybe you can help me with this, as per above I informed you that I have met almost €20 in charged from being on hold with your insurance team last week and was seeking a different avenue to contact them to not incur further charges, eventually you provided me with another number that I assumed would not cost me the same amounts, an 0818 number no less. I have just spent 24 minutes on this number, 23 on hold and have been informed by by mobile provider that this will also be charged at 35c per minute.

So the issue I asked for a solution to, you simply side stepped, offering me a different 35c per minute number to conduct my business when I am pretty confident there is a different number you could have provided.

I have banked with BOI since opening my student account 20 years ago, have had many loans and credit cards over the years, have now signed up to your car insurance and am currently filling in mortgage application forms only to be fleeced by yourselves to wait on hold. The €30 odd I have now spent on calls has negated the saving over your nearest competitor for car insurance.

I would appreciate a resolution to the above.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Tara,

Good afternoon,

Thanks,

Tara C 
    Tara,

Maybe you can help me with this, as per above I informed you that I have met almost €20 in charged from being on hold with your insurance team last week and was seeking a different avenue to contact them to not incur further charges, eventually you provided me with another number that I assumed would not cost me the same amounts, an 0818 number no less. I have just spent 24 minutes on this number, 23 on hold and have been informed by by mobile provider that this will also be charged at 35c per minute.

So the issue I asked for a solution to, you simply side stepped, offering me a different 35c per minute number to conduct my business when I am pretty confident there is a different number you could have provided.

I have banked with BOI since opening my student account 20 years ago, have had many loans and credit cards over the years, have now signed up to your car insurance and am currently filling in mortgage application forms only to be fleeced by yourselves to wait on hold. The €30 odd I have now spent on calls has negated the saving over your nearest competitor for car insurance.

I would appreciate a resolution to the above.
    Good Morning, 

Again, we're very sorry to hear of the hold time you've experienced. 

If you'd like to PM us with your name and contact number we'll be happy to look into this for you. 

To send a PM please make sure you have signatures set to display in your control panel settings and then click in the link in my signature below to send the message. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

Waited nearly a week for a call back from that private message sent and that still hasnt been rectified but now have a more pressing issue.

I spoke with an agent on Monday who said that as I was within my 14 days cooling off period I could cancel my policy and add on additional cover without penalty. When I reapplied my premium had raised from €821 to €1026 which Im not willing to pay, surely this should have been highlighted by your agent as the rates had already changed when I spoke with him.

Basically I need to be insured by tomorrow and simply wont pay €1026 as I can now get cheaper elsewhere, late on a Friday is probably not the best time but Ill leave it with you and see if anything can be done, your car insurance team have my contact details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Waited nearly a week for a call back from that private message sent and that still hasnt been rectified but now have a more pressing issue.

I spoke with an agent on Monday who said that as I was within my 14 days cooling off period I could cancel my policy and add on additional cover without penalty. When I reapplied my premium had raised from €821 to €1026 which Im not willing to pay, surely this should have been highlighted by your agent as the rates had already changed when I spoke with him.

Basically I need to be insured by tomorrow and simply wont pay €1026 as I can now get cheaper elsewhere, late on a Friday is probably not the best time but Ill leave it with you and see if anything can be done, your car insurance team have my contact details.
    Hi Paddytheman, 

I have replied to your PM just there now. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement