Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Controller to PC adaptor

• 30-08-2016 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

I'm planning on building a HTPC in the next few months. One of the uses of this will be for emulators. It will save me digging out my old consoles whenever I want to play them. I would like to be able to use my own controllers for each console on my PC though. The main controllers I'd like to use would be SNES, Mega Drive and PS2. I've been looking online at adaptors, and there seems to be quite a few. Has anybody any recommendations/experiences with them? What should I get or avoid?

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Have a look at the Mayflash USB adapters: http://www.mayflash.com/Products/PCUSB/

I got the PC048 one a while back so I could use my PS2 Namco and Saturn HSS-0136 arcade sticks on the PC and it works perfectly. Note: This wasn't for emulation. Think it was probably shmups on Steam or the like.

Don't have the Snes one but I'm sure it would be fine also.

Not sure if other folks have used different adapters (or probably use some generic bluetooth controller when it comes to emulation that covers all consoles).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

For SNES or NES the 8bitdo controllers are great. I actually use the 8bitdo wirelessly with my NES console using that adpater they brought out a while back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Have a look at the Mayflash USB adapters: http://www.mayflash.com/Products/PCUSB/

I got the PC048 one a while back so I could use my PS2 Namco and Saturn HSS-0136 arcade sticks on the PC and it works perfectly. Note: This wasn't for emulation. Think it was probably shmups on Steam or the like.

Don't have the Snes one but I'm sure it would be fine also.

Not sure if other folks have used different adapters (or probably use some generic bluetooth controller when it comes to emulation that covers all consoles).

Thanks, I will look them up this evening
    Steve X2 wrote: »
    For SNES or NES the 8bitdo controllers are great. I actually use the 8bitdo wirelessly with my NES console using that adpater they brought out a while back.

I was looking to use the original pads I have at home, but good to have another option!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smliv

Retropad adapter you'll probably have to do up a few cables but supports a good few old controllers and you can also use arcade controls.

Advertisement