Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC 1st year Music hours?

• 30-08-2016 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi,
    I'm considering taking Arts-Music next year and wondering would anybody already doing it be able to tell me how many hours of classes per week in just Music in first year? ( I know two other subjects must also be taken ).

I'm looking at the timetable for the current year here which shows 8 music classes per week - that seems about right if its 30 credits and double the classes of most of the other subjects, which are 15 credits each.
    But are there many extra classes and mandatory rehearsals during the week/at the weekend ontop of that for Music?

( I'm thinking about this from a transport cost point of view aswell as everything else - I'd to make 1 return journey to college only per day, as I live quite far from both the main campus and the music building. )

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated, plus any thoughts on what the Music course in general is like?

Advertisement