Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roundabouts, because these threads are always great!

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Decent Skin

You'd indicate right to go to the tunnel, coming from raheen? I think this falls through a crack in the rotr but I've never seen anyone indicate right here and take the tunnel.

Or (and?)

You'd indicate right to go straight through the standard compass point roundabout. (If this one please link to rotr for this).

Never! Because on a standard compass point roundabout "straight" IS the second exit! No idea how you concluded that I'd do that!

Uriel. wrote: »
    two lane entry to roundabout at 6 o'clock

a car arrives in each lane.

The 12 o'clock exit is a one lane road.

both cars want to take 12 o'clock exit.

Who has ROW at the exit? Left lane car, right lane car, or the car most advanced in terms of road position.

I think left hand lane car..but... maybe I am wrong, considering my experience on some roundabouts

Assuming no arrow markings on the road...

Example attached

You cannot cross a lane without yielding to a car in it.

If there are 2 lanes on exit then both can proceed, one each.

But you NEVER cut left into the path of a car; that manoeuvre is reserved for the gob****es who blaze past near the end of an overtaking lane and try to bully the car with the right of way into braking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

You cannot cross a lane without yielding to a car in it.

If there are 2 lanes on exit then both can proceed, one each.

But you NEVER cut left into the path of a car; that manoeuvre is reserved for the gob****es who blaze past near the end of an overtaking lane and try to bully the car with the right of way into braking.

There are many days were I have the urge to keep my pace and just let the inevitable accident happen, but so far i haven't given up enough fűcks to do it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Never! Because on a standard compass point roundabout "straight" IS the second exit! No idea how you concluded that I'd do that!

Conlans roundabout coming from town, going for tipp. Straight on in anyone's book. 3rd exit.

Of the two lanes entering it from town, which can exit there and who should indicate right on approach to roundabout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

You got rightly upset about me having a go at people who indicate right to go straight on at your standard compass point roundabout that's all!

Or perhaps you think there's no ambiguity in cement factory roundabout, and I was wrong to say I've never seen anyone indicating right and taking the right hand lane to go for the tunnel.

You got rightly upset about me having a go at people who indicate right to go straight on at your standard compass point roundabout that's all!

No I didn't! :confused: I agree wholeheartedly! IF it's a standard one.
    Or perhaps you think there's no ambiguity in cement factory roundabout, and I was wrong to say I've never seen anyone indicating right and taking the right hand lane to go for the tunnel.

I don't know what you've seen, but you've obviously never seen me on it.

3rd exit = right lane & indicate until the Cement Factory entrance.

Advertisement